What will my "Retirement Fiery-arm" be?

CSA58SYN76239.jpg

VZ-58 Sporter (Czechpoint). Bought in 2019, two years after retirement (age 62). 1,300 rds. total, perfect operation. A piece of each tiny ammo cardboard box is kept in a labeled plastic bag.
Rob Ski also liked his VZ-58 on "AKOU", Youtube, and he tested 5,000 rds.:cool:

It now--after five hours' work--'creatively' adapting the military buttstock due to the odd, too-short':confused: commercial stock Screw (came with the civilian rifle), has the reddish "Beaver Barf".

Beware that furniture sets quite often have No stock screw, ferule, nor buttplates (dimensions can vary somewhat, even between military and comm. versions).

:)The barrels are produced by Lothar in Germany, and the muzzle is threaded for perfect fit of the Slovakian muzzle brake.

Last edited:
For many years I shot International pistol in Toronto Canada. I have forgotten the make of pistol combination I owned it was Italian (I will be 85 YOA next month!) things go missing in the brain box!
22 Short/22LR/32 Long Revolver cartridge, 5 shot magazines. The charge was 90g swaged soft lead projectile, sent downrange with 1.5g of 700X Dupont powder. Our range was 20 yards long, with electric carriers.
I fired a couple of possibles with that .32. Ten rounds into about 1"? You had forever to fire those ten rounds.
The club I belonged to was called Heart house Revolver Club? We had a turkey shoot every Christmas. One Christmas the Mother in Law was visiting from the UK. And was panicking when my Wife was not buying a turkey. They were fast disappearing from the Supermarkets. "Mike wins one every year" At the Gun Club.
The competition was timed fire, 5 rounds .22LR fired in 20 seconds.
The target for years had been a sheet of paper, with 5 stamped turkeys on it.
The Secretary of the Club did not like me! So this year he proposed a new twist, turn the target backwards! So it would be a true random shoot. You pinned your own target to the carrier. My target had 4 out of 5 hits! Frank almost lost it. "How could you hit 4 out of five, with the target backwards!"
"I aimed 2" up, and 2" in from the right, that was the turkey I aimed at"
The old Lady was so pleased with the Huge Butter Ball Bird I brought home.

If you like single shot rimfires you could look at Taylor's/Uberti copy of the Remington #4 Rolling Block. I have one in 357/38 that I bought about 6 months ago. I know they have made this in .17 HMR and .22 too. I think .22 magnum too. I added a H-Viz front sight as my eyes are not getting any younger.

Back