What was your 1st night stand gun?

Mine was a 3" S&W 60 in .357 which also happened to be my first carry gun.

As of right now my Beretta M9A1 has taken over for nightstand duty.

I've never had one. Whatever I take off my belt at the end of the day goes on the nightstand.

Right now, that's a 2" Model 12-2, in 38.

I think my first was a Ruger Security Six 6" blued model- first pistol I ever bought.

Now I have a stainless version of the same gun after selling the old one serving nightstand.

Mine has always been my EDC, never really had an "official" designated nightstand gun up until just recently. Now I have my SA PI9134LP 1911 doing duty as my nightstand gun, as well as my EDC when I take it off every night.

Beretta PX4 .40, and even with my new 92FS the PX4 will continue to get nightstand duty. It has proven itself 100% reliable over thousands of rounds in a wide variety of cleanliness and lubrication states, plus it has a rail for my Streamlight TLR-1S. I am too comfortable with it to abandon it as the nightstand primary, maybe ever. No matter how great my newest guns are when it comes to nightstand duty I want boring, old, broken-in ones.

Of course if I have a minute of warning I'll grab the 870 out of the closet, which is a whole different level of comfort.

First nightstand gun was my first gun, a 4" 686. That's since been retired to range use only and a M&P 9mm has taken its place next to the bed.

Beretta Model 85BB which is supposed to get me from the bed to my closet wherein resides my Remington 870 Marine Magnum :D

Glock 22

297.gif
God...why did I ever like .40S&W?

Mine was a S&W Model 1917 with 45acp in moon clips. Still have it, but now it's in semi-retirement. Like me. ;)

Back