What semi-auto do you want next?

I'm going to have a custom 1911 built this year; I've bought the base gun, but it won't be done for months. Does that still count as a gun that I'm going to buy (I'll probably be buying it for the next two years . . .)? A recent "Tales of the Gun" got me kind of interested in the Broomhandle. There are some REALLY nice-looking Italian SAA clones at a local gun show. 5.5", .45 Colt Bisley replica for $365. Hmmmmm. Maybe a real PPK, before the Hungarian pseudo-PPK becomes the real one?

denfoote: Kimber dealer with decent prices...

denfoote, you said the following:
"I was looking (briefly) at the Kimber Custom Carry, but My God, over $1000 for this gun!!!!!! I mean it looked nice, and fit well, but it is way out of my price range....Why are nice 1911's so damned expensive????"

--->Try Dawn and Rich Meek in Ohio. I picked up a Kimber from them, shipped to my FFL, and saved somed cash last year. They usually work the shows on the weekends, but they'll get back with you as soon as they can. Ask for a price. This address is from Bowers' board, http://www.subguns.com/c2c3/c2c3.htm#M .

Meek's Shooter's Supply - Dawn and Rich Meek - Class 2
4722 Mahoning Ave
P.O. Box 4236
Youngstown, Ohio 44515
Phone: (330) 507 9309
E-mail: mssi@earthlink.net

Good luck,
straightShot

Been thinking of either the HK P-7M8 or the Walther P-5. I have noticed a few comments on the HK,mainly the refurbished ones. If anyone has comments, both good or bad, it would be appreciated.:)

I am hoping the next one is a Colt Gold Cup, I may have to settle for a new 1991A1. I have several 1911's but I sure like the Colts. I had a nice blued series 70's Gold Cup a few years back and sold it..I could kick myself now.

I'm looking for my first P-7. Just missed one last weekend, and not sure if that was a good thing or bad..:)

re: what next?

Ok, I'll join in as well.
Probably my next semiauto buy will be a Kimber, or possibly a Beretta 92 Elite II. However, if I am on a budget at the time, I will fall back on a Ruger P-94 9mm. I saw a two tone P-89 that was a contract run for a distributor that looked cool. If my dealer can find one, I wouldn't mind having one to those.

I went into panic buying mode at the prospect that Al Bore might get elected to the Presidency and I would never have the chance again. He didn't get elected, but I haven't been able to turn it off. The other day, my local dealer bought all the guns from an estate. His display cases were jammed. He called me and told me that he had the Standard Model Hi-Power with adjustable sights that I had been looking for so I jumped in the car and went down there. I ended up with the Hi-Power, a Glock 17, and an old but mint Smith and Klinton Model 28 Highway Patrolman. I started this hunt looking for a Hi-Power about three months ago. I now have three. Unfortunatly my cash is now gone. And, I couldn't even take home two of the guns unless he did the multiple sale form and reported it to the local sherrif and BATF.

My next semi-auto will probably be a Kahr MK9. After that it will be a Kimber Compact in SS. Unless I come into some money and pick them both up at the same time :D

What's Next ?

Well I would have to say, I don't know :( I'm in a no buy spell right now :eek: Nothing that I am seeing is reaching out to me:( Maybe it could be a vintage Browning High Power :confused: Must have something to do with the winter time blues :(

Back