What revolver are you thinking of getting for Christmas?

Just got my early Christmas present as well. Well, I should say two.

A Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan in 454 Casull & a Webley MK IV in 38/200

IMG_0443_zpsalfbcnh3.jpg

Ok, it was three early Christmas presents. Also picked up the Canik TP9SF as well. :D

It may happen later than Christmas, but I really want a Ruger Redhawk in .44 Magnum with Hogue grips and a 4" or 5.5" barrel.

I showed my wife one in the display case at the Post Exchange so she would know what I want.

Now she wants one too. ;)

My holiday buy is a Model 1905, 4th Change, .38 Special (4"). Mfg date is 1926-'27. Reportedly, it spent a lot of time as a Jacksonville, FL PD issue gun. It is "finish-challenged, to say the least.

5bf434f0a7e459e16db8659a47ef59bc.jpg

I have three layaways due to be picked up in early January, a nice smith and Wesson 15-4, an old '60s Rossi in .32 long and a new heritage rough rider. Really it's just poor timing on my part but it'll be like Christmas.

I am torn between a Colt Trooper MKIII and a Colt King Target model that is in primo shape minus the box. It is part of an estate of a family friend, we know he at one point in time had the box with the matching booklet. As well as the shipping order, and King work order receipt for the work done to it. The family is offering it to me at shooter price. If the other stuff is found they will bring it to me. The action is so smooth. There is not a rough edge on the gun at all. The Finnish is great for any gun not to mention for a 70 year old gun.

I already got one, a S&W Model 15 which is actually not going to be mine to keep.

S%20and%20W%20Model%2015%203.png

My daughter called me up and wanted to get her husband a gun for Christmas. My daughter is far from gun savvy and clueless as to pricing. The conversation went along these lines.
Daughter: Dad I would like to get Mike a gun for Christmas.
Dad: So what did you have in mind?
Daughter: Dad, he mentioned he liked shooting a revolver.
Dad: What were you looking to sped?
Daughter: What can I get for $250?
Dad: Renee, don't worry about it, I'll find something I know Mike will enjoy.

Visited my friends shop and came upon the above S&W Model 15-3 and got it for a good price. I'll arrange for my daughter to get it from me for her $250 or maybe it will just be a gift.

My Christmas is a 1992 retro Harley Davidson with 5K miles on it original. Couldn't say no so I am not about to propose a gun till around March. :) My wife was real sweet about the bike and I don't want to push my luck.

Ron

Back