What revolver are you thinking of getting for Christmas?

I was being rather facetious. This gun, the 1872 Navy Open Top, has all the power of a feather duster, and the range of a flu-flu arrow. Accuracy, with its primitive sights, will be nil. And the handloads I've cooked up will completely penetrate heavy target paper. Its totally useless for shooting folks or critters.

Its redeeming virtue, to me, is that it is, in my opinion, a rather handsome revolver, case hardened colors and brass mounted, coupled with blued other parts. And it's lack of a top strap give it sort of a rakish, old timey look. Plus its sort of tiny in a way, a little like an Old Pocket Model Colt.

In short, its a toy. A noisy toy at that.

Bob Wright

Oh! :)

Well I'm sure it's a tick more useful than my '51 Colt Navy .36 cap and ball, that's a fine looking gun but I can't get it to go one cylinder full without an issue and of course you've got to clean them heavily even after firing just one shot! Talk about looks over function!!

I'm thinking about an NAA Black Widow or Sidewinder 2.5. It would be my first NAA.

I've got a black widow, pug, and sheriff. I handled the sidewinder recently but honestly wasn't impressed by the build quality. Not as rock solid as my other naa's. I love all 3 of mine, but the Sheriff with Chang/Chong grips makes it a my favorite.

38996fe8c283a63aeaf3e7ddbe11f119.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been eyeing a Chiappa Rhino for a while. The 2" .357/9mm convertible, to be exact. I probably won't have the money together by Christmas, though, so it will likely be in my Easter basket, instead.

I'm asking Santa for a Ruger super blackhawk hunter 44 mag, but I haven't been nearly good enough lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'll know it, when I see it.

That's kinda how I play now. I don't really have a list.

That moment happened for me a few days ago, so I guess this is now my "Christmas revolver".
I found a near new condition Pietta 1873 SA in .357 Mag. Nickel finished for a steal of a price.

I do not like nickel guns typically, but it caught my eye and the price was great, so I scooped it up.

SBH

I will somehow own one of the new Ruger Super Blackhawk stainless bisleys in 454 Casull with a 6 1/2" barrel. To me this is the ultimate hunting handgun. My .44 SBH will kill em, but the bisley will reach out and smash em if needed. A beautiful hunting machine to me.

afinelli, I like the Ruger hunter as well.

SBH

I will somehow own one of the new Ruger Super Blackhawk stainless bisleys in 454 Casull with a 6 1/2" barrel. To me this is the ultimate hunting handgun. My .44 SBH will kill em, but the bisley will reach out and smash em if needed. A beautiful hunting machine to me.

afinelli, I like the Ruger hunter as well.

I put these three Smith & Wesson's on layaway for my birthday and Christmas.

Smith & Wesson Safety Hammerless, 3.25" Barrel, .38 S&W, Mfd:1895

9XnxEDv.jpg

Smith & Wesson Model 1905 2nd Change Hand Ejector, 5" Barrel, .32-20, Mfd: 1909

kGivMUq.jpg

Smith & Wesson Model 1905 1st Change Hand Ejector, 6" Barrel , .32-20, Mfd: 1907-1908

ETlI7qi.jpg

None for me.

I have bought so many revolvers recently I have to lay off for a while.

These are three that I picked up in November.

S&W 38 M&P Model 1899, made in 1899.

Model%201899%20Nickel%2004_zpshmojhkjf.jpg

S&W 38/44 Heavy Duty. Made in 1931. Took this one to the range for the first time last week. It done real good.

38-44%20HD%2039066%2002_zpsi2wve4o2.jpg

Colt Officer's Model 22 Target. 1935. Took it to the range the same day as the 38/44 HD. It done real good too.

Officers%20Model%20Target%2022%2001_zps6wuy5aug.jpg

There is one more I picked up in November, but I am keeping it under wraps for now. This one is a special project gun and the project is just getting started.

I put on lay-a-way last month a S&W 65-5 3 inch barrel .357 magnum.

No Hillaryhole. Stainless. Before Christmas I will fork over the rest and it comes home!

Deaf

If Ruger does come out with a GP100 in 44 special, I'm there.

If they don't, A Charter in 44 special will be in hand.

Thinking of getting this Charter Arms 44 special with 4.2" barrel and adjustable sights. My son has one and I love it. I have a sack full of 44 special single actions...but no DA.

74442_2048x2048_zps5k6mjusc.jpg

Last edited:
Back