What revolver are you thinking of getting for Christmas?

Not getting anything new but I am sending a beater S&W M28-2 .357mag that has already been round butted to be converted to .41mag using a titanium cylinder from a S&W M357PD and a 4" M58 barrel cut to 3". Going to be kind of like a 3" M13 on steroids. Mark Hartshorne at Pinnacle High Performance is doing the work, should be a pretty cool piece when it's done.

Well, if your name is Santa Claus, then I must let you know that I would really like a Ruger single action 45 convertible or maybe even a 357 New Vaquero. I probably haven't been good enough to ask for a Colt SAA...... But if you're not Santa Claus, then I'm wishing in vain.
Happy Holidays.

Not guns for me but ammo.................the state of confusion (California) has pass a bunch of laws as 1/1/2017 where you need a back ground check before you can buy!
Ain't life sweet??:rolleyes:

I like my CA Bulldog and Blackhawk 45 convertible bith very much. Great choices!

I have been stalking old Colt DA 38 special revolvers on GB for a while now. My goal is to get a good shooter for around $200. This will take some time and patience.

My wife just bought a Kimber K6s .357. UPS delivers it today. She wanted a new wheel gun rather her Micro9 as a carry piece.

Im pretty good on weapons ATM. Ammo will be stocked up for sure.
However there is a GS this weekend here in town Ill be attending and one never knows what may grab your attention while there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want a revolver to match my CZ-452 Trainer,,,

I want a revolver to match my CZ-452 Trainer,,,
The rifle looks like something one would carry on Safari,,,
So I need (want?) a handgun that will shoot well and look the part.

What I really want is a S&W K-22 Masterpiece of some vintage,,,
But the price of those fiery-arms has gone out of my comfort zone.

In the old B&W movie "King Solomon's Mines",,,
Stewart Granger carries what looks like a Colt SAA,,,
So a Ruger Single Six with a 5.5" barrel would fit the part.

I can get a brand neew Ruger for about $450 or thereabouts,,,
A new "Classic" Model 17 will run upwards of $850.

A used model 17 is going to cost close to that if not more.

I'm still trying to decide on my choice,,,
But for some odd reason,,,
I'm in no hurry at all.

Perhaps I'll wait until I get this years income tax return,,,
Then the money for either will be in my hands,,,
And the cost won't be the deciding factor.

Aarond

The one that is on the radar is a ruger single seven, 5 1/2" barrel, 327 fed mag.

I hadn't thought about it before, but seeing that henry is planning a lever gun in that caliber, made me go Hmmmm...(as well as the cost when I asked the evil gun shop wizard's wife the cost of ordering) I'm tempted. Glad they didn't have one for me to fondle.

But since it is a new caliber to me, that means components and dies as well.

Well I already have on order a Cimarron/Uberti 1872 Navy Open Top, 4 3/4" barrel, .38 Special. Not sure when these will even get in country, maybe by Christmas.

Totally useless revolver. Looks good but all you can do with it is shoot it.

Bob Wright

The New Blackhawk 357mag/9mm convertible.
Called Ruger to see if I could send mine in for a 9mm cyl match. "Nope. The serial # won't match model #."

Model 12 Win:

I was being rather facetious. This gun, the 1872 Navy Open Top, has all the power of a feather duster, and the range of a flu-flu arrow. Accuracy, with its primitive sights, will be nil. And the handloads I've cooked up will completely penetrate heavy target paper. Its totally useless for shooting folks or critters.

Its redeeming virtue, to me, is that it is, in my opinion, a rather handsome revolver, case hardened colors and brass mounted, coupled with blued other parts. And it's lack of a top strap give it sort of a rakish, old timey look. Plus its sort of tiny in a way, a little like an Old Pocket Model Colt.

In short, its a toy. A noisy toy at that.

Bob Wright

A 4" Python in like new unfired condition.But just like when I was a kid It will probably just be coal in my stocking:(

Back