What range rules do you put up with?

What range rules do you put up with? (Choose all that apply)

• Must buy ammo from range

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • All guns must be unloaded going to and/or from range

Votes: 39 59.1%
  • Cannot use steel cased ammo

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • Cannot use steel core (green tip) ammo

Votes: 30 45.5%
  • No rapid fire

Votes: 34 51.5%
  • Must use targets from the range

Votes: 11 16.7%
  • Cannot keep own brass

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Cannot draw from holster

Votes: 27 40.9%
  • Pay too much in dues/ fees

Votes: 13 19.7%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 9 13.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
range rules on the ranges I us e make sense and do not bother me

what doe s bother me is those who do not pay attention to them. Especially the ones who leave their lane with a loaded gun to show their friends their weapon--and end up pointing it at ME!!!:rolleyes:

range rules on the ranges I us e make sense and do not bother me

what doe s bother me is those who do not pay attention to them. Especially the ones who leave their lane with a loaded gun to show their friends their weapon--and end up pointing it at ME!!!
Yup--well, since you opened the door to the "There I was..." posts : )--I've seen that many times over the years--but the best of all are the people who show up and figure it's OK to walk out to the targets to post their targets while the range is live and shooters are firing in adjacent lanes. Yes--I've seen it several times.

stagpanther said:
Yup--well, since you opened the door to the "There I was..." posts : )--I've seen that many times over the years--but the best of all are the people who show up and figure it's OK to walk out to the targets to post their targets while the range is live and shooters are firing in adjacent lanes. Yes--I've seen it several times.

I think basic safety is desired at any range except by those trying to win the Darwin award :)

I will not use a range that requires you to use their ammo.

I will not use a range that their fees are too high.

I will not use a range that does not allow you to carry your SD weapon loaded if i have any other choice.

I will not use a range that does not allow you to pick up your own brass, (I don't normally save my brass, it's just the principal of the matter) if I have any other choice.

I checked all that apply at each of the 3 ranges I use. All require that handguns be unloaded entering and leaving the range area. I think two prohibit rapid fire. I'm certain that one does not. All have targets available, and I always get targets at the range, so I'm unsure of whether I'm allowed to bring my own targets. I'm pretty sure that two of the three would let me use my own targets, if I chose. I know that one requires you to use their targets and prohibits silhouette targets.

None try to keep my brass. That would be a deal-breaker for me. I bought it, and I'm trying to get set up for reloading, so I'm keeping it.

the only rule is pick up your brass!! because if I don't I have nothing to reload !!! the range is in my backyard!!!:cool::cool:

Yipe

but the best of all are the people who show up and figure it's OK to walk out to the targets to post their targets while the range is live and shooters are firing in adjacent lanes. Yes--I've seen it several times.

There is no cure for stupidity.
Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back