What pistol would a modern James Bond use?

Bond would use whichever flagship Walther was small enough to CC.

By the '70s, this would've meant the P5.
'80s, would've been the P88
'90s, it was indeed the P99
'00s, would've been PPQ
And present day, the PDP

:cool:

First off, decide if you're talking about Bond, the 007 agent of the Ian Fleming novels, or if you talking about Bond the action movie hero of the last few decades. Because there IS a difference.

The early movies do a fair job of generally following the books. The later ones are complete fantasy fabrications of the screen writers and directors, with the only real similarity to the books being the use of the same name for Bond and a few others.

In case you don't recall, in the early movies (and the books) Bond carries what he is issued. In the field he may pick up something else to supplement that. He got issued the PPK in .32 to replace the Berretta .25, and Q told him the .32 htis like a brick through a plate glass window... (well, perhaps to an Englishman, it did..:rolleyes:)

In one of the stories he gets loaned a .38 Snub nose from an american CIA agent friend. The other Brit agents mock him for having such a "cannon".

Bond the action hero carries whatever the director thinks will look cool. originally the PPK because it was tradition, but they left that behind a long time ago.

What would A modern James Bond use?? depends on who's writing the story. And, from the rumors I keep seeing on the net, the next James Bond might be Jane and use heels and lip gloss....:eek::rolleyes:

Based on Ian Flemmings last and unpublished book "Danger in South Beach" where Bond battles the mega manic Harry Baque who is bent on taking over the world's supply of thigh high boots and accessories by evil means.

I say the modern James Bond, and I mean more "modern" than I care to discuss, would carry a large frame revolver. And why not ... where is he going to conceal a firearm?

If this didn't make you laugh then check your pulse... you may be dead.:D

Based on Ian Flemmings last and unpublished book "Danger in South Beach" where Bond battles the mega manic Harry Baque who is bent on taking over the world's supply of thigh high boots and accessories by evil means.

I say the modern James Bond, and I mean more "modern" than I care to discuss, would carry a large frame revolver. And why not ... where is he going to conceal a firearm?

If this didn't make you laugh then check your pulse... you may be dead.:D
I don’t know about making me laugh, but I did throw up a little in the back of my throat.

You all are certainly free to follow your imaginations.

James Bond,007, was a product of Ian Fleming's imagination,and the character was very much shaped by the era Fleming was writing about.

There is a guy,Vincenzio. He makes videos about traditional Italian cuisine.
He is trying to educate people to enjoy Italian food as the Italians created it.
Enjoy whatever food you want to cook, but he will be harsh with you if you put cream and peas in a Spaghetti Carbonara,or pineapple on a pizza.
I think we should respect what Ian Fleming created without corrupting it.

We DO live in interesting times. Write your own book. I'd think you could create characters inspired by Fauci,Soros,etc.

A jaded,burned out Hollywood may try to create a modern James Bond, I've heard there is some call for a Woke Woman of Color James Bond.

IMO,better he has an ending. Grant him the Dignity of Death. Maybe a mystery one,leaving us to wonder if he made it.

A modern gun for a modern James Bond is moot. There can be no modern James Bond. His times are gone. What gun would a modern Jerimiah Johnson carry? What guitar should a modern Elvis Presley play? What gun should a modern Josie Wales carry?

IMO,they did pretty well coming up with the fresh character John Wicks

FWIW,per Jon Tapper, a proper Martini is stirred,not shaken.

Last edited:
A S&W 10mm M&P.

He'd run the 4" model, sans the goofy external safety. Standard height Trijicons sights too.

No sissy suppressor sights or trendy micro RDS. Don't need them.

He's Bond, ... James Bond. Not a wannabe Mall-Security Ninja. :rolleyes:

You all are certainly free to follow your imaginations.

James Bond,007, was a product of Ian Fleming's imagination,and the character was very much shaped by the era Fleming was writing about.

There is a guy,Vincenzio. He makes videos about traditional Italian cuisine.
He is trying to educate people to enjoy Italian food as the Italians created it.
Enjoy whatever food you want to cook, but he will be harsh with you if you put cream and peas in a Spaghetti Carbonara,or pineapple on a pizza.
I think we should respect what Ian Fleming created without corrupting it.

We DO live in interesting times. Write your own book. I'd think you could create characters inspired by Fauci,Soros,etc.

A jaded,burned out Hollywood may try to create a modern James Bond, I've heard there is some call for a Woke Woman of Color James Bond.

IMO,better he has an ending. Grant him the Dignity of Death. Maybe a mystery one,leaving us to wonder if he made it.

A modern gun for a modern James Bond is moot. There can be no modern James Bond. His times are gone. What gun would a modern Jerimiah Johnson carry? What guitar should a modern Elvis Presley play? What gun should a modern Josie Wales carry?

IMO,they did pretty well coming up with the fresh character John Wicks

FWIW,per Jon Tapper, a proper Martini is stirred,not shaken.

The cars James Bond drives have changed with the times, as have the plots of the movies. I’m not sure the pistol should be such a sticking point. By the logic presented here the movies should have ended decades ago, and while that may be true I have actually enjoyed some of the Bond movies that came out in the past few decades.

Also, I like pineapple on pizza. Whether or not it’s in keeping with tradition is immaterial to me, I just like how it tastes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back