What might be the next innovation in handguns?

The Sig P365 proves most 9mm current handguns are .2 inches wider than needed...

Would be nice if the NRA stopped killing gun lock technology too. I would like to see and buy that.
What type of gun lock do you find appealing?

In principle, anything that can prevent an unauthorized person from firing a gun seems like a good idea. In actuality, it has to function perfectly, every time, etc. and so forth.

Maybe Alexa can be leveraged -- Hey Glock! Shoot that mugger! :)

What type of gun lock do you find appealing? In principle, anything that can prevent an unauthorized person from firing a gun seems like a good idea. In actuality, it has to function perfectly, every time, etc. and so forth.
If you don't want an "unauthorized person" to touch, handle, or fire your gun..... Then you don't leave it where they can. That is up to the owner of the weapon. Not the manufacturer to, "fool proof" it for when they are careless and don't.

Would be nice if the NRA stopped killing gun lock technology too. I would like to see and buy that.

Admitting lack of knowledge on the political side of it. How is the NRA killing the technology?

I mean are they someone prohibiting gun manufacturers from devising and implementing it to see if the market will support it?

As you seem to be I would be curious to see what is out there because I think that the market might come up with a better solution than gun safes. Something that secured the firearm from unauthorized use but was quicker and more convenient than a gun safe.

You folks are going way too "high tech". Here is what I predict:
- a move away from plastic to alloy based guns
- more durable gun finishes
- Guns that look like jewelry - what I mean by this is that they would have more machine work, some polished highlights but also some bead-blasted areas and brushed areas for stainless guns.

The more aesthetically pleasing and "crafty" a gun is, the more people will pay for it. Gun companies need to get away from selling $350 rifles and pistols and move toward producing guns that can fetch $2,000+. Higher profit margins. Other than the new Python, no gun manufacture is making a firearm that men (and women) drool over.

I would make pistols that look and work like Rolex watches.

I do not predict any major changes. Things have a way of just moving in circles. I do not find it surprising that so many shooters are not interested in the Sig or Hellcat with the extra rounds. Fads come and go. I have seen on other forums that some predict a change to more DA/SA and DAO. I also predict you will see again, more revolvers coming to the Table. More 22.cal trainers. I also predict more advancement in the 380 caliber defense ammo and a rise in 380 and 32. cal firearms.

You folks are going way too "high tech". Here is what I predict:
- a move away from plastic to alloy based guns
- more durable gun finishes
- Guns that look like jewelry - what I mean by this is that they would have more machine work, some polished highlights but also some bead-blasted areas and brushed areas for stainless guns.

The more aesthetically pleasing and "crafty" a gun is, the more people will pay for it. Gun companies need to get away from selling $350 rifles and pistols and move toward producing guns that can fetch $2,000+. Higher profit margins. Other than the new Python, no gun manufacture is making a firearm that men (and women) drool over.

You mean like this
92fsfusion_zoom006.jpg

I agree.

I think we'll be seeing a lot more pistols in 5.7x28 and maybe a few carbines in same as well.

I'll go along with the whole, "look like a Rolex", part. But they should run like a Timex. Rolex movements went away with breaker point ignition and carburetors..... Or should have. Overly complicated and expensive. And are not very accurate. Certainly by today's standards.

I'll go along with the whole, "look like a Rolex", part. But they should run like a Timex. Rolex movements went away with breaker point ignition and carburetors..... Or should have. Overly complicated and expensive. And are not very accurate. Certainly by today's standards.
Really, I'd like to see more companies offer a "premium" version of their gun, like the Beretta Fusion picture I posted.

There really aren't any practical innovations coming out that demand you buy another pistol (like, for example, a cell phone or TV). So once you get 1-2 of the entry level guns, give us the option of buying a pretty one.

Really, I'd like to see more companies offer a "premium" version of their gun, like the Beretta Fusion picture I posted.

I would really like to see Beretta offer a gussied up version of the 92. Much like Girsan did with their Regard model. (Clone copy of the Beretta 92). It comes with a polished Stainless Steel frame and slide, and gold appointed controls. And beautiful wood grips. Instead of cheap plastic.

And believe it or not, this gun sold in the $450.00 range when it was available. It was imported from Turkey by Zenith. I haven't seen it offered recently however. The standard versions still are in Black, and Flat Dark Earth. I've heard reports they run very well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdL0Kf89NZo

The NRA threatened any manufacturer of smart technology by telling gun stores not to sell them.

NRA's logic has been if it proves to work (which it will), all future guns will have to have it. And after that, somehow the world will end.

Google it. It's wild.

Last edited:
One of the changes is already occuring. More clones and guns in the $300.00 price range. Like this one below.

PSA Dagger (WARNING--Gock Boys are NOT going to like this)

http://www.gunsholstersandgear.com/2020/01/22/palmetto-state-armory-ps9-dagger/
As a Glock fan I think it's great. It gives me more affordable options and in a frame that looks well molded. If they roll it out with optics cuts like they said I'll probably pick one up. My only complaint would be I doubt I'll get to handle it first since PSA seems to do most of its business direct, but for the cost I'm not too worried. PSA killed it at SHOT.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

As a Glock fan I think it's great. It gives me more affordable options and in a frame that looks well molded. If they roll it out with optics cuts like they said I'll probably pick one up. My only complaint would be I doubt I'll get to handle it first since PSA seems to do most of its business direct, but for the cost I'm not too worried. PSA killed it at SHOT.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
A PSA and a Glock 44. Seems like a good package for some one that trains often and for a reasonable cost for both guns.

Back