What kind of grips do you have on your J frame?

I have high quality faux pearl grips on my nickle J-frame. Yeah, I like pearl grips. I have a some real pearl grips for a couple of my pistols and I like the look.

M63 6 inch with Altamont wood. :)

M63-Smith.jpg

These boot grips came from S&W...

It's all about ease of carry with these. They are NOT as easy to shoot as the factory rubber grips (especially with 357 mags) but they don't stick on clothes, easy draw and a bit shorter - so I can pocket carry with a nemesis .

4323651868_50e8869a74_o.jpg

Last edited:
"Equipped with period correct accessories from e-Bay."

That's a pretty one. The black background is a nice touch. I guess the 3" barrel makes it a '89-'93. I stole the pic when no one was looking.

"Equipped with period correct accessories from e-Bay."

That's a pretty one. The black background is a nice touch. I guess the 3" barrel makes it a '89-'93. I stole the pic when no one was looking.
I didn't notice but the trigger guard is full of pocket lint.

The rubber grips on this 60-7 came with the gun when I bought it from the original owner back in the late 90s or early 2000s. No brand name on them from the outside. I don't remember seeing a brand name on the inside the last time I took off the grips, which is something I prefer not to do too frequently.

49958395201_3499fa0fa0_b.jpg

^^^ Those are Uncle Mike's boot grips, #59010, and out of production. They also made the 59007 "combat grips" which had another finger groove and covered the backstrap. Both were OEM on S&W's for several years.

While we are on the topic of J-frame grips.

Does anyone remember from a few years back,,,
Someone made a rubber grip that looked like a sharks tooth.

It was very triangular in shape,,,
But was marketed for a J-frame.

I had a friend buy a set and I really liked them,,,
I just can't remember who made them.

Anyone have a better memory than mine?

Aarond

Thanks AK103K,,,

Thanks AK103K,,,
That's exactly what I was referring to.

Thanks for the link.

I know it's an odd looking thing,,,
But they really seemed to absorb recoil,,,
And kept my hand at an optimal angle for aiming.

The only reason I didn't order a set the day I used them,,,
Is they are only made for the round butt J-frame.

My Model 36 is a square-butt.

Aarond

Stock grips on my Model 40 Centennial Classic (i believe they are from Altamont), added a Tyler T-Grip (bronze) and it has been a great setup. Very comfortable.

Back