What kind of grips do you have on your J frame?

CSO Dobb

Inactive
I have a mod 360. I really like the grips that came on the gun except for the odd FDE color. I think these grips are very comfortable. I have searched to no avail for these same grips in black but can not locate any. I'm trying to decide if I just want to get used to the color, or replace them with something else.

I apologize for posting this in the wrong place. I did not realize until I submitted it. Please disregard or if an admin could move it I would appreciate the help.

I don't have a J frame. My Colt Detective Special has Pachmayrs and I lover them.

Moved to Revolver Forum.

For rubber grips I prefer Pachmayr compact models. Hogue makes a good grip for the J frame too.
Pachmayr professional compact

High Valley Ranch the grips that came on the gun are rubber combat style grips. I've seen the same grip in black on other guns, but appears that those are no longer made.

I have a mod 360. I really like the grips that came on the gun except for the odd FDE color. I think these grips are very comfortable. I have searched to no avail for these same grips in black but can not locate any. I'm trying to decide if I just want to get used to the color, or replace them with something else.

Crimson Trace LG350. Even if you totally ignore the laser, it's an excellent grip. If I had it to do again, I'd get the green laser version.

If I wasn't using that, I'd be using the Uncle Mike's "Combat" grip (3 finger grip, hard rubber, covers back strap).

lol, when I had a 3" model 36, I had Pach Compacs and those wood banana grips S&W sold. I preferred the compacs. Very comfortable and pointed well. There are some really good looking wood grips out there today but I haven't tried any yet. Right now I've got 2 Charter Arms and on the Undercover, I really like the new Classic wood grips. On the 3" Bulldog, the new rubber grips they put on most everything do the best at keeping the trigger guard from smacking my middle finger on recoil.

Uncle Mike's

Years back I bought a pair of Uncle Mikes's "Boot Grips" for the Chief's Special. They add a wee bit of bulk, but make the revolver far more shootable for me. The Uncle Mike grips are rubber.

I have had several J-Framed guns plus a few K-Framed guns. For the short barreled guns, it's Eagle Grips Secret Service grips in rosewood. They are available in ebony, but somewhat expensive. For defense shooting with thise little guns, they are unsurpassed for me.

100_8885_zpsfkhaktng.jpg

100_8874_zpsqeg9blpc.jpg

Bob Wright

I have three different J-frame revolvers and each wears the same stocks because I like them so well: Herrett's "Shooting Ace" model checkered walnut grips. Unfortunately, last I heard, Herrett's was closing its doors (hope that's not true-they were/are a great company that made/make fantastic grips at relatively affordable prices).

These are all I have..

Attachments

• D25FFDBB-342B-421E-B2DC-BBC9763E0AAD.jpeg
    D25FFDBB-342B-421E-B2DC-BBC9763E0AAD.jpeg
    67.5 KB · Views: 74
  • B113D2FA-A0CD-4DF1-A25C-79D30325ED81.jpeg
    B113D2FA-A0CD-4DF1-A25C-79D30325ED81.jpeg
    483.3 KB · Views: 66
I have a pair of J-frame revolvers,,,
  • Model 36 round butt
  • Model 34 Square butt

It drove my OCD mind crazy that they didn't match perfectly.

Then I tried a pair of Pachmayer Compac grips on the round butt model 36,,,
They really helped tame the recoil of the model 36.

I liked them so well that I bought a set for the square butt model 34.

And, to my utter delight, there was a unexpected side benefit,,
The external size of the two different grips are the same.

VelmaVeldaPach.jpg

Now my pistols don't look mismatched in their case,,,
And they feel the same when I am practicing.

Aarond

Back