What Is Your Favorite Handgun And Why.

A lot of handguns have come and gone but I would say my favorite ever is my SIG 226. Followed by my W.C. GP 100!! I will never let these 2 go.

IF I could only keep one gun, I suppose it would be my G19. However, my favorite is my Ruger SR22. It was affordable, it fits my hand comfortably, I shoot it accurately, .22LR is cheap, and CCI minimags keep it running well. (I've had 1 FTF in last 500 rounds). This is what I shoot the most.

I like my FNP40 best, fits my hand, da/sa, my thumb catches the decocker at the perfect distance, takes virtually everything I have run through it but for American Eagle fmj which I quit using years ago. I have Sig P229s also. Excellent shooting but the decocker is just a little harder to reach naturally and I have to stretch to get to it.

Okay, some people gave more than one answer. lol.

As of this date:

For CCW - HK USP 9 Compact. Only modification is the nickel plated sear spring.

For nightstand/work-related stuff (gun shops or depending what security gig I pick up) is my MK25(P226). Mods are Gray Guns Flat Trigger, SRT trigger kit, and Wolff 17lbs hammer spring. It has a threaded barrel and sports a Surefire X300U. :)

Honorary mentions are the Glock 19 Gen 3, when I'm working with someone that carries the same guns for magazine interchangeable reasons.

FNX-45 Tactical FDE with the threaded barrel, Vortex optic, FDE Surefire X300U.

Easy choice: my old S&W Chiefs Special 9. Was small, light, pointed naturally, light recoil, accurate as all heck, and had a beautiful trigger. The one gun I regret trading. I was in a financial pinch, I traded it for a transmission for my wife's truck. I've since tried to buy it back. The current owner refuses to part with it

favorite? is it the one that i...
shoot the most: ruger sr22 22lr;
am most accurate with: ruger single six 5.5” 22lr/wmr;
have relied on the most: taurus 85 2” 38sp.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My 9 Shield. I have more powerful handguns, more accurate handguns and more fun handguns. But that Shield is so slim and easy to carry, it's accurate enough and it's surprisingly fun to shoot for a little 9mm. The only modification it has is a Talon Grip, which makes it a little thicker and it feels a little more controllable. This is more of a utility pick than a emotional one.

CZ P-01. The first centerfire handgun I ever bought. Loved it then, and it's remained king of the hill since then... despite many, many contenders to the throne haha.

Gen 2 Glock 19. It's been my primary carry gun for about 15 years. The size is perfect and it's like a comfortable pair of shoes. The IWB I have it in most of the time has been with me just as long.

For target shooting: a High Standard Victor (mfg. Hamden, CT)
For general shooting, etc. it is a Ruger SBH in .44 Magnum....which I shoot a lot.
For carry it is a Glock 36.

Pete

I can't really narrow to one, I have three favorites that I currently own, and one other that I use to own which is about equal to them on the list. My CZ 75B and 1911 (in this case a first gen S&W 1911SC) because I shoot them better than all my other handguns and they have been extremely reliable. Also on the list is a 3" K-frame (in my case, my S&W 65LS) because it is reliable (though it needs some maintenance- due to so many rounds through it, it needs to visit a smith because it shaves lead/copper off when I fire it which can be uncomfortable), I'm almost as accurate with it as the CZ and 1911, and it is a beautiful gun. Honorable mention is the .40S&W SIG P229 I used to own (also 100% reliable and it was so accurate that it made me look like a good shot). Another thing I love about them is that they are small enough for carry (the CZ in 75B Compact form and the 1911 in Officer or Commander form) yet big and heavy enough for a lot of range use.

If I had to pick one, my answer would be different on any given day. Right now, it would be either a 9mm CZ 75B or a .40S&W SIG P229.

Hands down, it's my custom Glock 20/21L. I developed the longslide 10mm conversion from 45 to 10mm back in 2004 a few months after I bought one of Lone Wolf's custom steel German 6" 45acp slides and a 6" Jarvis 45acp barrel for the G21. I talked Kevin at KKM Precision into making me up a 45-10MM conversion barrel for it, got some 10mm mags and went to town. Here it is immediately after I received Kevin's conversion barrel in the fall of 2004.

7QNpsfW.jpg

Over the years, I've tuned the trigger and internals, upgraded to a 24lb recoil spring, added a stainless steel magwell, fiber optic front sight, and hardchromed the slide for some competition at our range. So now it looks like this.

FaeEo5E.jpg

Currently, I shoot both my hot 165 & 180grn 10mm handloads as well as my recently developed 45 Super loads in it. As a 10mm, it's a great 200yd plates shooter and even with my 165grn handloads that produce velocities over 1,575fps, it's a surprisingly mellow shooter. It's got a decent push but little to no snap so followups are a breeze.

G26

I can carry while I'm wearing the lightest clothing in even the hottest weather, yet its still "good enough" for winter duty. it accepts all the G17,18,19 magazines, its an easy caliber to find and even easier to shoot well. it will do anything I expect a handgun to do.

My S&W Model 19 with 4" barrel. First center fire firearm that I owned. Still shoot it, still keep it by my bedside. I take it to the range, have qualified for permits with it, teach newbies with it.

I carry either a P32 (summer) or Pico (winter) but I LOVE that Model 19 best.

I have gone back and forth on this but if I had to pick, it would probably be my GP100.

Why? It is accurate, an effective defensive tool, potent enough to be useful in the woods, and has enough recoil to be entertaining but not so much that it isn't pleasant to burn up several hundred rounds in a visit to the range.

Last edited:
My Sig Ultra 1911 in 9mm. After 3000 rounds, ultra reliable, ultra accurate and one good looking gun. With a light gun grease on the slide rails after every cleaning, the finish on the alloy frame rails still looks brand new.

Back