What Is Your Favorite Handgun And Why.

mk70ss

What is your favorite handgun? Not your favorite revolver, semi auto, hunting gun, range gun, etc. Pick one and tell me why. Mine has recently become the lowly classic Charter Arms Bulldog .44 Special. It is my carry gun, my trail gun, and my nightstand gun. I own about 30 handguns, but I just really like the Bulldog. Big caliber and as reliable as a tire iron. Tell me about your ONE favorite.

Sig 226 X-Five All Around.
Incredibly well balanced, precise and accurate.
th

These days it seems that most of the time a handgun is with me, it is my Ruger Redhawk 44 mag 7 1/2" barrel. Mostly because of hunting season, but it seems to come along whenever I have a gun with me. It's accurate, fun to shoot and it likes any ammo I have tried in it.

I have plenty of other handguns, but right now this is my favorite. That may change in time.....but not soon.

Gen 4 Glock 23, I have four handguns and all are Gen 4 Glock 23’s. A perfect balance in size, capacity and power.

My favorite handguns are my MOST reliable handguns. That is the main reason for them being favorites...DEPENDABILITY. Not looks, how expensive or other's opinions, etc.

Military East German and Bulgarian Makarovs 9X18
Springfield XD9 Service and XD(M) Compact 9mms
Ruger stainless Security Six and Speed Six .357s

I have others such as a Ruger SP101 .22LR that has also never malfunctioned.

My favorite handgun is a stainless Ruger GP100. I really like loading for that gun. I can shoot mild loads all day, and heavy loads really blow up watermelons. With a 6" barrel it's definitely not my carry gun, but it is with me when I go walking in the woods.

Glock 42..In spite of the tiresome, 'mouse gun', 'ladies gun' type stuff, for THIS old fart, with a little arthritis in RH wrist and bunged up RH thumb(thanks USN docs)...the G42 fills my 3 'number 1s'...FTS, FunTOShoot, Easy to conceal, reliable..with 'new ammo design' like Lehigh Xtreme Defense..also 'effective' on par with a lot of 9mm JHP(for targets with lots of clothes).

There are smaller guns(both 9mm and .380) but no FTS..there are 9mm the same size as the G42...but for ME..not FTS. There are bigger guns that are 'FTS(I have a G17 and G19) but much harder to conceal.

All I have done is a Hogue grip, 4 +1 mags and brighter front sight..G42 for me. I carry it everyday, with a 'SnagMag' mag in LH pocket.

Attachments

• 178230636.jpg
    178230636.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Boberg XR9-S. As to why - high quality, highly unique design, small, reliable (with the right ammo) and shoots well.

Mine would be a pair of Rugers, LCP for inside CC .45 Blackhawk convertible for when I venture outdoors.

If I ever give up on my CC endeavor (and guns) those two would fill my handgun needs just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S&W 586, 4" Barrel, .357 Magnum, pre-lock. Beautiful blued gun, great trigger, and shoots amazingly well.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

I have a pretty good collection of early S&W and Colt revolvers as well as a few autos. But, I asked myself which guns go with me and it came down to these 2. A S&W 29-8 MG and a 66-5.

UKdQAeF.png

Xcli1Dul.jpg

That is a tough one to answer. USNRet93 describes my feelings for the Glock 42 exactly. So that's a contender. And the Ruger Single 7 birdshead is a heck of a lot of fun to shoot and I can carry it concealed when I want to. But I guess if I had to get rid of all but one handgun, I would keep the SIG 226. Accurate, reliable, sturdy. So I guess that makes it my favorite.

Favorite

That would be my go to gun and CCW the Browning Hi-Power in 9mm.

Sweet shooter with minor trigger work and free fall mag release.

Shoots point of aim and rapid sight acquisition using night sights.

We are not supposed to have favorites! We are supposed to love our guns equally! Guns have feelings too! LOL.

With that out of the way, I think my favorite is my Les Baer Thunder Ranch Special. The trigger is amazing, the accuracy is incredible, and the gun shoots like a dream.

My favorite handgun is my 7.5" Ruger Super Blackhawk in 44 magnum. It's an Old Model (three screw) from 1971 or so.

It has a great trigger, it's very accurate, fits my hand well, goes BOOM, and makes big holes in things.

Back