What is your Favorite C&R Gun?

The 'new' Garand. Got the phone message today from a friend, who returned from his match at Camp Perry. A few pictures are on the 'Garand' forum at "Gunandgame", because my son knows how to post photos.

The Lee-Enfield "Jungle Carbines" are still tied for #1 on my list, due to their aperture sights, light weight/handiness, and power.

I forgot to post a pic of my Ortgies in my first reply, but here it is:
attachment.php

Attachments

• ortgies2.jpg
    ortgies2.jpg
    238.1 KB · Views: 534
MR Bartley,

Thats an interesting looking pistol you have there,please tell me about it Whats it chambered for? Was it a Military, or Police weapon?
It looks like it would be a good concealed carry gun.

Colt Police Positive, just because it's the last one I bought (that may change tomorrow.) It's also my first Colt.

Attachments

• pix1904710140.jpg
    pix1904710140.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 34
Which ever one I am taking shooting on a particular day is my favorite. The last couple of trips it has been a S&W 1905 M&P 4th change that dates from about 1930.

my 1903 Springfield made by remington in 3-44 is my favorite, but i really like my hungarian M-44 and 91/59 alot too. the 03 is the fav though.

It's a tough choice, I must say. My Norwegian Krag is so dang cool! My Swiss ZFK55 is straight pull, rare, and has that chunky muzzle device. But no, I'm afraid I must go with my Swedish M41b.

I went down to Samco's warehouse and hand selected it myself. The scope & rifle match, and the scope itself is pristine. The wood on the rifle has an incredible tiger stripe on it, and the rifle itself is immaculate.

It shoots like a dream, and while not as dead nuts accurate as a modern sniper, I can certainly hit what I'm aiming at with it. And it's just plain fun to shoot.

StickJoc

Man that must have been Cool going to that warehouse, and picking one out.
I could spend all day in a place like that.

I've got to say my favorite is my Hungarian Mosin Nagant M-44. That may change when I get the Arisaka type 38, but for now, my M-44.

come on over and shoot mine Txhunter, I love mine and haven't even shot it enough to get it sighted in yet

if you can ever catch me at home that is.

Back