What is your Favorite C&R Gun?

TX Hunter
MY favorite is my Finnish M28/30 because it is the most accurate of the Mosin-Nagants :D
However, I do have a soft spot for this Spanish Model 1916 I acquired. It forced me to get into reloading and I haven't looked back.

1913 Marlin Model 37 Slide-action :)
fullsize

Mosin M44. The first rifle I ever got. Lost count long ago how many rounds I've put through and it still functions perfectly.

Don't have the training to use the Yugo Mauser's sights, but nice rifle and no clunky, sticky bolt.

For some reason, the Enfield "Jungle Carbines" are my favorite for now. Will have a first Garand in about a month.

Although the "JC"s are bolt-actions, they are WW2 battle rifles with wood, fairly light, very handy with a unique style, and have much more power than M-1 Carbines.
Could an M-1 Carbine stop a charging adult grizzly with four rounds? The Enfield #5 has done it, and the Serbian Prvi ammo can be reloaded at least four times.

Tough question. Probably my M39 Sky as it has a very smooth 2 stage trigger and is more accurate than I am.
The rifle also looks like it has been in heavy action through WW2.

In the handgun department it sure is my Smith Wesson Mod 3 Russian made by Ludwig Loewe. My wife had to move over a bit to make room for it in the bed.

Rifle.. Springfield trapdoor. Fun all the way.... And you have to use BP to reach the top fun factor!!

I'll admit I'm a sucker for the M-1 Carbine. I don't hunt anymore, so I don't need a more powerful rifle. That doesn't mean I don't own more powerful rifles, I just don't really need them. But the M-1 Carbine holds a place in my heart, I guess maybe because Inland who made the most of them was based right here where I live. I'm trying to bring as many of these old vets back home to enjoy their retirement as I can.

MR Stickhauler,

I do like the M1 Carbine, I have had the priveledge of firing a couple of them that belong to a friend of mine.
They just have a rugged adventurous look about them.
That is a very nice favorite.

Stevens Model 44 25-20 Single Shot Falling Block Rifle made in 1890. Was shooting it 2 weeks ago with one of my sisters, nephew, nieces husband, and 2 of my brothers. All hit their mark except my sister who can't hit anything beyond 10' without optics on it. Still shoots a nice tight group at 30 yards but ye gods, the price of that ammo. $2.49 every time somebody pulls the trigger :eek: and I'm the one footing the bill.

To TX Hunter: With regards to Finnish Mosin-Nagants, some were issued to Civil Guard units. An abbreviation for the Civil Guard is SkY. So his M39 was issued to the Civil Guard (making it somewhat rare) and is boldly marked on the barrel shank as such. Some will also have a civil guard crest stamped on the stock as well.

Determining my most favoritist C&R gun is tough so I'll just pick one because it is so purty.

FN M1900 with factory nickel finish. While so many pistols have after-market nickel finishes, this one is fairly easily identifiable as original due to FN's insistence on not adding nickel plate to moving parts like the safety and trigger.

Attachments

• FN 1900 Factory Nickel 002.jpg
    FN 1900 Factory Nickel 002.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 52
Mr Darwins

Thanks so much for the information on the M-39 SKY I will have to look at the markings on mine.
My M-39 Sako Rifle looks like it has been through alot of action, but looks can be decieving.
My Son however has a 91 30 thats tripple dated, and MO Marked.
I looked at your picture, and I can understand why you like it.
Its a great looking pistol. Thanks for replying to my thread.:)

;)

Well it depends on the day of the week. Today it's a #1 MkIII because it shoots, Monday it would be the 6.5 41b Swede.

243c48c2.jpg

Back