What is your absolute favorite combat knife?

While the list could be quite long, I limit it to knives that are legal to carry every day. So, the Spyderco Endura is my choice.

Scott

:D KABAR Marine Corps knife: You can stab,slash with the blade,slash with the back side ( near point ) of the blade,and throw - at very short distances- by simply raising your holding hand and letting fly.
The pommel can be used against the temple ( or pressure points ) of an assailant , and - oh yeah - you can use it to slice meat, open coconuts, and split kindling wood.
It's a "plain jane" piece of cutlery, but a lot of thought, and a lot of practical experience went into its design !:cool:

K-Bar

I've still got my original issued K-Bar from 1967.
The only possable better blade would be a Randell, but being a peon at the time, I didn't have the $ for one.

ronin308,

The Smachete is more of a short sword than what most people consider to be a knife. Doble edged and wide. It is more like stabbing with a shovel. The slashes are more than capable of taking of an apendage. The scabbard is wide enough to have outside pouches for DMT/leatherman/SAK and another small straight utility knife together. It replaces my 12" machete from SA.

If I were pinned down to one knife only for field use it would have to be my Carson U2.

Cheers,

ts

Fans of a Ka-Bar should note from where it derives its inspiration. Add a couple inches to the blade and you have the perfect knife design, at least in my book.

My 18" English arming sword. Fits quite nicely on my belt, or behind my pack. At contact range I've come to prefer it to ANYTHING else. No question of stopping power when limbs are cut off, or with the blade sticking out both sides.

Now I need to find a way to legally carry it everyday...

Ayteeone,

Well, if we're including stuff like that, then my gothic bastard sword is my favorite combat knife. A little tricky to CCW a 44" hand-and-a-half, though... ;)

Tamara- Do you have the Del Tin or the Arms&Armor Gothic? I hear that's a nicely balanced blade. I've been studying the Talhoffer manual and the Fiore manual so my budget may be soon destroyed with the purchase of a new Atrim 1503 :)

Nothing so nice; this one's a Museum Replicas Windlass. Not as pretty as a Del Tin or A&A. I'll probably be getting a Del Tin to compliment it (and free this one up for use as a beater... ;) ).

I hear that's a nicely balanced blade.

Absolutely un-freakin'-believable that a sword that big can be that light and fast. Makes a katana feel sluggish by comparison. Play with one; it's a real eye-opener.

Tamara- I'll have to check one out next time I get a chance. You could even convert your Windlass to a blunt and use the Del Tin as your sharp. Have you ever done any test cutting with it? When I get my Atrim I'm going to do some tameshigiri with it and post a review on Swordforum.com.

All time favorite would be Bill Bagwell's Hell's Belle.

Everyday carry favorite would be a Spyderco Military.

Regards those fellows with their swords.

How about my 16" 03 Bayonet?

It definityly can reach someone, even better on the end of my 03 or even my M1 Garand!

Now thats a knife, M1 Garand with the 16" bayonet. Makes Crocodile Dundee's knife look puny.

Fred

Back