What is your absolute favorite combat knife?

Cold Steet Tanto, but heck, anything in a pinch. It depends so much on usage, training, etc., that everyone's answer is going to be wildly different...

It'd have to be the Marine Cammilus (US MK-II) fighting knife (think Marine KA-Bar) in it's original hard sheath...

it is an original from Vietman... My fathers best friend brought 3 of them back with him from Vietnam, and he, his son (MY best friend), and I are the lucky 3 to have them... I treasure it greatly...

Depends

If you’re asking, “which one do you like the best” then a Bagwell Hell’s Belle Bowie or a Randall #12 Confederate Bowie. If you’re asking, “which of the ones you will you have with you when you need it do you like best” then a Camillus Cuda Maxx 5.5. Since I think you are really going after the first idea, the reasons I like it/them the best are for size (I’m in the Bagwell camp, 9 plus inches of blade imparts something extra far beyond a little extra reach), for the false edge (no other style gives a back cut like it will), for the point design in a Bowie style of blade (no other style of point will stab as easily as it will), for the balance (gotta handle it to understand, it feels alive like no other blade I’ve owned or handled), for the grip (on a Bagwell Bowie, the coffin shape feels great in my hand actually prefer it to the Randall grip) and for the looks (come on, does a knife exist that looks better than a Bowie?).

So far my favorite has been a Mad Dog ATAK...but then again, I've never handled his Panther design either. I hear that one is quite a piece of work.

Randall 15 for me. Single finger grip, standard hilt. No wanna-be poser sawteeth, thank you very much. The only knife I'd want if I expected serious trouble.

Boker Smachete custom micarta handles, replaced Al Mar Smachete (retired).

Carson U2 field 5" brown micarta handles, replaced Randall #15
(retired)

Al Mar Shadow II, Replaced Arbuckles Commander (retired)

SAK Tinker

Constant companions for a few trips into the woods on four contanents.

Cheers,

ts

The aforementioned Mad Dog ATAK. Second would be the 4" carry knife I made last year (it still needs scales, though.) Thrid would be anything else handy.

Still, I hate knife fighting.

- Chris

Back