What is the BEST pistol ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The majority of military organizations have decided the High Power does exactly what you describe.

Most of them that have moved to a newer design have gone Beretta, Glock, or SIG, still in 9mm too. I would put the CZ, Walther P99, HKs right in there with the others.

If you have exotic tastes, a 1911, Glock or HK in 224 Boz? Or the FN Five-seveN? :)

------------------
>>>>---->

Two tone sig 226 in 9mm. Fast, easy to operate, reliable, easy to find ammo and durable.

At least two hicap mags 15 rounds each.

Two tone to take advantage of the nickle finish on the slide.

------------------
"By His stripes we are healed..."

PeterGunn

I think it`s Glock 17 or maybe Glock 19 or Glock...
Glock 17 the best there is, the best there was, the best there ever will be!

Browning Hi Power is first with jhp 9mm ammo. Simple, jam proof high capacity, proven pistol. Close second is 1911 with big 45 caliber stopper and proven war record also. If a revolver , a SW model 13 or 19 357 Magnum.

Actually, you're asking two different questions. I think there's a difference between the best auto that's ever been made and the one I'd take into war.

When you're talking mud and abuse, I'd have to choose the Glock hands down. They're tremendously reliable even in adverse conditions and they have less parts to break. Give me a Glock 17 with high cap mags when things get dicey.

On the other hand, if you're looking for overall quality, useability and top-notch engineering I'd have to go with a Sig or an HK. They're tough, accurate and reliable to the extreme. But I wouldn't feel good about dragging either one through the mud on a regular basis.

Give me the SIG 210 in a fast and clean war, or the Glock 17 if things get really down and dirty.

I gain knowledge of the several discussions in your site. Sometimes almost everybody has good points as to which caliber or type of gun is better to use and its purpose. I'll put my answer this way: First gun I used which I could easily hit a target is a .38 Colt 6 inches barrel. These past few years there is a craze of 9mm. I bought a cheap one but I consider realiable and easy to shoot the "Daewoo DP51 13 shots feed. I feel not contented despite of all the many mentioned good characteristics of 9mm. Instead of buying another 9mm model like Beretta, Glock or H&K or Sig. I've tried to read many good or excellent opinions of many shooters and professional gun handlers in the Internet (gun clubs or shooting schools), and hear experiences also of the Military, Police and other kind of Agents. I compare the effectivity, stopping power/energy and reliability. To sum it all the effectivity to its intended purpose. I come to conclusion that for ultimate self defense and can be compared to any kind of pistols, I decided to purchase .45 ACP. Again, I asked myself - what manufacturer I must choose from. I based from history, starting from early the conflict of Americans white and the Red Americans (Indians), White vs. the Filipinos (moros), World War I & II, Vietnam & Korean War. I asked the question what kind of pistol/caliber did they use in these mentioned history that stand the different scenario or hostile environment. From readings, it is the Colt ACP, i.e. Remington Rand, Ithaca, Singer to name a few. So, I decided to buy the Colt 1911 or 1911A1 model pistol. Although I only bought the M1991 A1 Stainless Model - I felt comfortable to it to it's good grip, shoot well and it is good a side-arm in any occassion. In shooting, we should differentiate of a match to an actual self defense. Someone might be good in target competition but not in actual conflict. Having a .45 caliber with 8 bullets magazine as my side-arm I feel confident and I am very sure I can use it as a deterrent to any caliber that is hand carried. As long as I can hit or place one or two bullet in the body (no matter the place) I am sure the person will fall down or be stopped. This is how I get my opinion that .45 ACP is a reliable and effective caliber, a person don't need a very fashionable pistol because the main intention is to kill or maim an opponent that has criminal intent on our selves or members of the family. Shooting Sports is only secondary but having one gun must be always a right to every sane citizen to equalize criminals, and oppressive people that will take our basic rights. I think my personal opinion will answer as to what is the best caliber or pistol, and reasonable nos. of bullets really needed.
Thank you Firing line.

Looks like we have a wide variety to choose
from. Now, for my personal opinion give me
a Sig-Sauer P220A in .45ACP. Second choice
would be another Sig; the mighty P228 in
9m/m.

------------------
Ala Dan

The GLOCK 21 .45 Auto. Plain and simple. Superior capacity (pre-ban and post-ban) of 13/10 rounds. Excellent reliability and easy operation. Hard hitting .45ACP round. Pin point accuracy at 25 yards. Love it!

Although I do like the Sig 220 and HK USP .45 Auto too..

If I were to go to war I would want one of two handguns depending on the conditions. If I were to be slugging it out with the enemy, carrying a rifle or subgun, I would want a S&W M642 in a pocket as my last resort weapon.

If I was not doing the actual fighting, but had another job in the military machine, then I would want a 1911 with at least a couple of extra magazines. The handgun in this case wouldn't be something to fall back on in an emergency, but would only be drawn if something went very seriously wrong when I had no rifle to correct the situation. A Browning HP in the latter scenario would not disappoint me either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back