What is the best gun acquisition you have made?

Ruger GP-100.

magnum.jpg

I truly felt like I got a QUALITY gun when I bought this, and of all the great things I've heard about this gun... guess what... they were all true. I feel like I inherited an heirloom quality piece of equipment and I am 100% satisfied with this gun, and I can't say that about pretty much any other expensive object, gun or otherwise, I've ever bought.

It sleeps next to me in the night ready to go if I need it and I trust it with my life.

Well, Mr. Pond, its this way:

I had been wanting a Colt New Frontier in .44 Special, and finally had put up enough money to purchase one. Began my search, and located a 5 1/2" barreled Colt on the internet. However, I had two revolvers the owner was interested in, and swaped those even for the Colt. (You will observe I am out no cash at this point.) Had to ship the gun to my gunsmith as FFL holder. The day the gun was due in, I stopped by my gun shop and there was a 7 1/2" Colt New Frontier in .44 Special. (Now there is cash flow, of which I was prepared.)

So, I come home and my wife greets me at the door to see my new gun. "Which one?" I gleefully inquire.

These are they:

So I reckon the 5 1/2" gun is my best "purchase."

Bob Wright

Back