What is the best 9mm pistol

thequickad

If price is no object, what is the best 9mm pistol? Is it the HKP7M8, the SIG P210 or the Browning HP?

Please, no .45 or 40SW stuff...limit it to 9mm. thanks! :D

Depends on the mission. But if I were limited to the ones you chose, I would probably choose the Browning Hi-Power.

My own personal choice is the Sig 226.

------------------
"By His stripes we are healed..."

PeterGunn

I have the P7M8 and it is very accurate and reliable. It just gets a little hot.

------------------
"Glocks come in one size, phat"

Greetings Poster's; Yes, it depends on the
mission. Ruling out the Sig P210 due to the
price and practically; I would vote on the
Browning Hi-Power, as well. Yes, two Sig
entries would be tied for second; and very,
very close to being the winner? They would
be the excellent P226 and P228; with the
228 holding a slight edge!!!

Message edited by Dan H. Ford 12-28-99 1409hrs

------------------
Ala Dan

If I could only have one 9mm... it would be the SIG P210.

[This message has been edited by James Montes (edited December 28, 1999).]

You said PRICE NO OPTION...
SIG P210.
No Doubt.
Why not? Get a 9MM Service Auto that is as accurate as a rifle? Hmmm - let me think about that... HECK YEAH!

Other guns are good - Very Good even. The Browning Hi Power is awesome... But it isnt the 210. The Swiss really poured some magic into that gun. It is very elite. It is out of the spectrum of normal pistols. So far out as to not even be compairable. I dont know anyone who currently carries one for duty. I dont know anyone who would. You dont pack a collector gun on duty. You carry guns that you can afford to get banged up and broken. The Sig is very capable of being a working gun - and it was intended to be a working gun... Just not for us here in the States.
For a WORKING gun - price no object... in 9 - A HI POWER that was tweaked by a very good smith would be my choice. After that another Sig would be it. A SIG P228 again.
But... if money was no object - I wouldnt limit myself to 9 and would go buy a Gold Desert Eagle in 50 and a HK MK23 .45

------------------
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud

Greetings all. In my opinion, of the weapons you mention, I would choose the Browning HP as the "best" overall. The P210 will best it in intrinsic accuracy, parts availability, and pure craftsmanship, but has other things to hold it back: price, component availability, and slow to reload as it not only has a butt-release magazine, but the magazine must be withdrawn by hand. The P7M8 is a fine choice for self-defense, but the use of cast or lead bullets is out due to its gas piston system. It remains one of the most reliable weapons I've ever used and have relied on a P7(PSP) as a house gun in the past. Both the HP and the P210 will handle lead or cast bullets even though, in my experience, jacketed bullets are generally more accurate in 9mm. One choice you did not mention was the CZ 75. This allows for DA or SA use due to its design. I own all three weapons you mention (if you substitute P7(PSP) for the P7M8) and think that all of them are fine, but still pick the HP over the other two if that was the only one I could have. Current MkIIIs have decent sights and safeties and are quite accurate and reliable out of the box. Best to all.

For me, Broning Hi Power in a pistol.
Best 9mm-Korth Revolver w/9mm cylinder factory option-Since price is no object.

NONE OF THE ABOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!
The BEST 9mm pistol without a doubt is the Walther P99!!!!! :) :) :)

------------------
Just as there is no such thing as too much fun,
there is no such thing as owning just one gun!!!

Now, go do the right thing, and buy that Walther!!

[This message has been edited by denfoote (edited December 31, 1999).]

Well, I'm partial to the USP--pure combat hardware. Glocks are good if you're out to save money.

The coming Steyr M9 looks very promising, and I must admit that the Walther P99 has a lot going for it as well.

But the best 9mm pistol would have to be the P7

I submit that the Colt Gummint Model or Commander in 9mm Luger caliber is the best.

------------------
Be mentally deliberate but muscularly fast. Aim for just above the belt buckle Wyatt Earp
45 ACP: Give 'em a new navel! BigG
"It is error alone that needs government support; truth can stand by itself." Tom Jefferson, Notes on Virginia, 1785
We don't have a chaplain here, but I don't view that as any major problem... You can rest assured
that you will not go in that bag until I've said a few appropriate words over you
R. Lee Ermy as Sgt Major Haffner, from The Siege of Firebase Gloria
If you have to shoot a man, shoot him in the guts. It may not kill him... sometimes they die slow, but it'll paralyze his brain and arm and the fight is all but over Wild Bill Hickok

Out of the two choices you gave,,,, I would chose the Browning Hi-Power. Just like the gun.

However, as for as 9mm go, I would choose the Sig P-228. I have it and love it. Great fit in my hand and nice to shoot.

Judge Blackhawk

I haven't shot a lot of different 9milsbut have shot a lot of 9 mil through my CZ75 and would have to vote it best.Fits right,SA/DA hi cap mags available and works from 40 below on up.I also have a CZ 75 compact but have only a few thousand rounds through it.

Well, if $$ is really not a factor, Sig P210 wins hand down. In the "real" world though, it's the Sig P226 - no contest. P228 is a close second, it suffers from a shorter sight radius than the P226, but is more concealable for you small guys.
-Spyderman

[This message has been edited by Spyderman (edited December 28, 1999).]

SIG P210. The heel release magazine isn't that much slower if you practice. Besides, if you do your part, you won't have to do a speed reload. That can't be said of the Hi Power. Why anybody would want a gun that has to be tweaked before it's serviceable, I just don't understand ;).

------------------
May your lead always hit center mass and your brass always land in your range bag.

~Blades~

Back