What gun would you like to find?

Nebob,
Well I'd have to ask whether it's just an asset or something I'd want to keep.

1) If it's just an asset, I'd like to find a rare gun that Harley Nolden would buy from me for a whole bunch of money. Then I could buy whatever I want.

2) If it's a keeper, I think I'd want the sniper version of the M1 Garand. My eyes aren't what they used to be and I sure like that old Garand.

Of course, I wouldn't turn down a nice MIA, or maybe one o' them evil "black guns" - but with a scope, please.
-------
Well, I guess you get the idea. If I can pick and choose, I'd like about ANY nice rifle in .30-06, .308, .223, or .22 rimfire.

In handguns, a nice 18-shot .45 Super, or any nice .45 (1911-style), please.

In shotguns, some nice 12 ga semi-auto that fits and I could learn how to shoot well. (I don't know squat about shotguns but I'd like to learn.)

I don't mean to insult the other fine calibers out there, I just have plain tastes and like the ones that will be around for a while and are tame enough to shoot.

(I was cured of the .45-70 when my "friend" had me shoot his five pound gun with a five pound bullet in front of half a pound of powder! Jeez! I saw nothing but sky for five minutes and my right shoulder was danged near paralyzed! I fixed him, though. heh, heh. I "accidently" spilled his last Shiner Bock later that evening. Heh, heh. Paybacks are rough! ;) )

Dennis, I probably was thinking of more asset than other. Thats why I said a nice minty Henry.
I hold it for awhile and the rush like hell to sell it.
With the $20-30 or so grand you could get, I'd have enough money for a class3 license and a nice full auto, with some left over to buy a new Sportster.
Ah the stuff dreams are made of...

A cold piece, unregistered, and preferably never fired. Something that would fit nicely under the jacket, perhaps tucked in the belt. What the police would call a throw away, but with nice bluing; 32 acp or .380.

Mal H, I didn't see the gun myself, but this was the rumor that was going around the local gun store, and a bunch of the guys there vouched for it.

What would I like to find?

Any of the below:
Pre-ban Black AUG
H&K OICW (Hail to the King, baby :) )
That nifty 3-in-1 tactical attachment for the USP--you know, the one with the flashlight, laser, and IR laser built into it
Or just a plain P7M13--with 3 preban mags.

------------------
Exodus 22:2 -- Biblical precedent for home defense.

IVAN8883 is right on the money

I WOULD JUST LOVE TO FIND A BAR W/ ABOUT 30 MAGS.

This is a somewhat realistic wish to as I am sure there are still some old timers around who have BARs stowed away in their attics, workshops whatever, simply because they didn't want to pay a $200 tax on a gun that didnt cost 200 bucks in 1925.

An HK 93; It was going to be my first rifle purchase, I'd saved the money for YEARS, and just as I reached the magic number in the piggy bank, Bush Senior banned their importation by executive order. Prompting me to join the NRA, which shortly thereafter urged me to vote for the (explitive deleted)!

Of course, a Calico 9MM pistol to go with my carbine would be nice... Especially if there were a lot of mags to go with it! I could add it to my "annoy David Bonior" collection.

------------------
Sic semper tyranus!

Well, this ain't as cool as the story about the .416 Rigby but it does indicate that God watches over me.

In the early 80's I purchased an H&K 91 with numerous magazines and accessories for $500. The accessories and magazines were worth almost $500 at the then going prices. Being temporarily tight for money and already owning one HK 91, I somehow talked myself into selling one to a friend for $500. With the provision that if he ever sold it I had first call.

Then another "friend" borrowed mine about 1990 and never returned it (with HK bipod and collapsible stock).

So I was bereft. HKless.

Talked to the friend that bought the HK from me from time to time. Won't sell but if I do I'll call.

Years go by.

Last year I just happened to buy an Iwanta sales paper before dawn just after the weekly publication. Fresh on the stand. There is the HK for ELEVEN HUNDRED DOLLARS! Well, it's still too early for strangers to call but I know this guy. Ring. "What the hell you mean putting that rifle in the paper without calling me?" Uh, I didn't think you'd have the money...I know what's been happening with you. (Large attorney fee, funeral expenses...)

Well, Dennis, me boy, get dressed I'm coming over right now.

Dennis told me that after 0730 that the phone was ringing off the hook. Too late.

HKless no more.

------------------
Byron Quick

Collector's item... hmmm.

How about:
- the small handgun John Wilkes Booth used to shoot President Lincoln?
- a rifle owned by Dan'l Boone or Davy Crockett?
- Patton's handguns?
- the handgun used by Leon Czolgosz to kill President McKinley?
- I'd even settle for a double revolver rig with authentication that it was used by Roy Rogers! (or Brett Hart; Tom Mix; what's-his-name Leonard, etc....)

Gettin' misty-eyed remembering back when good guys were completely good; bad guys were completely bad; and heroes could be seen every Saturday at the local theater for five or ten cents.

[This message has been edited by Dennis (edited September 25, 1999).]

Whitworth rifle with 14" brass Davidson scope, along with molds and Confederate leathergear. A diary from the Johnny who carried it would also be nice too.

------------------
Vigilantibus et non dormientibus jura subveniunt

A Marlin 1894 chambered for .41 mag.

------------------
"No provision in our Constitution ought to be dearer to man than that which protects the rights of conscience against the enterprises of the civil authority" - Thomas Jefferson

Lets see here 3 50cal machine guns (M2?) with sarah brady, bill clinton and Chuck schumers signature on the bill of sale for each one. Oh yeah and a vulcan cannon to round it off

Back