What gun would you like to find?

I'd want to find one of the following.

Baby Luger... either model M04/05 G.I. or 1925/26.

the missing 1907 US Army Test Trail .45 Luger.

Either one and I'd be happy. ;)

------------------
Schmit, GySgt, USMC(Ret)
NRA Life, Lodge 1201-UOSSS
"Si vis Pacem Para Bellum"

You guys think too big for me. I like to find the cool little things.

My first thought was a keen old British double rifle or double shotgun in working condition. I.E., a "shooter."

Otherwise, a "shooter" 19th century Peacemaker, or Webley, that I could shorten and carry anywhere in the state, whenever. This state, as many others, considers all guns made prior to 1895 to be Non Guns. :)

Mostly, I'd enjoy the opportunity to try out a widfall that I wouldn't otherwise have picked to spend my precious few dollars on.

I had a similar opportunity recently when my mother-in-law gave my wife my late father-in-law's pistol, and she didn't know what it was. I opened the box it was in with a certain glee (please understand that I never met the man-- he'd been buried 4 years before I met my wife); what would it be? It was a Beretta M-90 .32 acp, in near-virginal condition. I NEVER would have spent my money on such a gun, despite the high quality of the piece, simply because of its size to caliber ratio. But this is really a nice piece, and we like it. The wife like it, too. So it's a blessing, and we're glad to have it.

Dusty closets and attics are a treasure trove...

------------------
Will you, too, be one who stands in the gap?

Matt

[This message has been edited by Long Path (edited September 19, 1999).]

George, I know what a Pancor Jackhammer is, it would be anice find.

HS, just don't make your tag line, "Is this the end of Rico?" :)

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
"If there be treachery, let there be jehad!"

This actually happened to a friend of mine and the weapon was a Thompson with about a dozen loaded mags. Never happened to me but a little old lady did give me her late husband's Dan Wesson. She couldnt find the case with all the extra barrels.

------------------
Better days to be,

Ed

Nice fantasy guys, but this happened to me. The firearm was a Parker DHE. Too bad it had been wrapped up in a wool blanket for 20 years...what a waste.

I think what would be most likely to find would be older guns or war tropies. So, with that in mind....

S&W Scofield
Colt New Service .45 Colt
Winchester Model 92 .44-40
Winchester 1886 .45-70
Gov't issue 1911 (not an A1)
M1 Garrand
BAR
Thompson
Colt Woodsman
Early High Standard .22

I could go on and on, but you get the idea.

Well, I know where a water cooled belt fed Mauser stamped 1918 was found. Unfortunately it was not a closet or attic.
Reckon someone got nervous in 1935 because they couldn't afford to pay the then princley sum of $200. It was plowed up out of a field here in Burke County. What a waste. The ATF doesn't need to worry about it. The mechanism is totally ruined by corrosion.

------------------
Byron Quick

So many guns so little time.

What would really blow my mind would be a Fancy German drilling with 30-06 side by side and 12 ga under.

an alternate choice would be any type of HK MP5

Rob

RKBA!

------------------
It's amazing what a large group of stupid people can accomplish.
-----------------

An original, in firing condition Colt Peacemaker!
Or lets expand the closet a little and I'll take a M1A1 Abrams with all the bells and whistles with about 500 h.e. and an additional 500 sabot AP rounds. I would never be stuck in traffic again! And if someone was dumb enough to cut me off.......... Damn, I'm off on another fantasy, ok back to reality...... (deep in thought)...... a Bell Huey UH-1 Gunship....... ;)

------------------
DOCSpanky
"Walk softly and carry a big stick, perferably one of the 12 guage variety!"

I think it would be a double rifle marked Holland and Holland.... say in .470 NE? in its leather and canvas travel case with some interesting scratches and "character" and coin graide engraving with case colored locks.

Or say a Westly Richards .425 magnum rifle?

But Yeah an Honest to God Colt or winchester made BAR would ROCK provided it was transferrable to a lowly private citizen like me.

You NEVER know what's gonna be in one of those closets.

Dr.Rob

Gretings; I would like to find only one, and
I would be very appreciative. That would be
a NIB Smith & Wesson nickel Model 39-2, in
the original box with paperwork.

------------------
Ala Dan

I would like to find a genuine, WWII vintage M1 Garand. I don't want much out of life, do I? :)

------------------
Lady Justice has been raped, truth assassin;
Rolls of red tape seal your lips, now you're done in;
Their money tips her scales again, make your deal;
Just what is truth? I cannot tell, cannot feel.

The ultimate in vanity
Exploiting their supremacy
I can't believe the things you say
I can't believe, I can't believe the price we pay- nothing can save us
Justice is lost, Justice is raped, Justice is gone
Pulling your strings,Justice is done...
Seeking no truth, winning is all,
Find it so grim, so true, so real....

If it isn't Scottish, it's CRAP! RKBA!

I started thinking about this and realized that I knew somebody that it happened too. This guy I knew was reading the newspaper when he saw a classified ad that said something to the effect of "Old hunting rifle .416 rigby best offer" and the phone #. He called to check it out, and it was this guy who was cleaning out his deceased grandfathers closet. He didn't know a thing about guns so he was waiting for an offer. It was a mint condition double rifle, H&H I think. This guy picked it up for $400. He could have gotten it for less, but didn't feel right about it, and $400 was all he had availible.

Keep watching those closets.

Wow, Correia, now that is a real, once in a lifetime, find. Not that they are that rare, but at an essentially give-away price, they are. It could easily be worth $10K to $20K. Did you see the rifle or could he have been joshing you?

Back