What gun do you keep in your truck?

I no longer leave a gun in my vehicles. Too many punks sneaking around in the dark looking for wallets, spare change, Cadil. Converters, etc. They can break the window and glovebox if they don't wake me up... nothing in there to take.

Charter Arms .22 Pathfinder from the 70’s is in my truck. But if I am in my truck, I also have a Beretta 84 .380 on my belt.

My only difference with shurshot is while he "no longer" leaves a firearm in his vehicle, I never did. It's always on my belt, never left unattended. I live in an upscale gated community but no firearms are left in my vehicles.

Beretta PX4 storm 40 Smith & Wesson full-size that’s secured away in a Lock-er Down steel console vault.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m not sure why you felt the need to clarify this to me specifically, but okay.

I dunno, I guess I just kinda took your response of saying you carry on your person as a way to silently and discreetly criticize those who don’t carry on their person when they’re in their vehicle or leaving a firearm in their vehicle. I mean, the title of the thread is “what gun do you keep in your vehicle”, not where you carry it when you’re in it but it’s cool, if I totally misread your post then I sincerely apologize. Maybe it was me who just read far too much into it. That’s why I answered the way I did.

I was simply responding to the thread in a way that conveyed what I do personally. I don’t leave a firearm in a vehicle, I keep it on my person as I don’t have a vehicle safe currently and I’m in and out of my vehicle all day.

I don’t care what another person does with his or her personal property while in his or her property unless it directly impacts my safety. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, and sometimes a comment is just a comment and not a condemnation of a group of people. Have a good night.

I was simply responding to the thread in a way that conveyed what I do personally. I don’t leave a firearm in a vehicle. I don’t care what another person does with his or her personal property while in his or her property unless it directly impacts my safety. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, and sometimes a comment is just a comment and not a condemnation of a group of people. Have a good night.

I wasn’t criticizing you, I was just responding in a manner that I took your post as. No harm no foul.

If you can't hit with more than a few rounds, your time is better spent at the range or get a more accurate weapon you can hit with!

Capacity and marksmanship aren’t inherently mutually exclusive. A person can be a good shot and still prefer a firearm with “more than a few rounds”. Adrenaline often has a negative impact on what might be good marksmanship especially against a moving target shooting back, there are many examples of people surviving what would eventually be life ending wounds and going on to kill others in the meantime, and in the context of a truck gun where a person might be shooting at another person around a vehicle the chances are fairly high of a round being stopped or deflected by the auto glass or car body. Shooting at nuisance animals is different in a number of ways than shooting at an armed assailant.

It’s disappointing to me that this stereotype continues to get spread around within the firearms community, especially given the fact that this stereotype is often used by anti-gun people to argue why we shouldn’t need standard capacity firearms.

I have a friend that keeps a Ruger Blackhawk .357 in his truck 24/7.

It is secured in a gun vault, mounted under the back seat, unloaded. Ammo is in the glove box.

We have discussed his choice vs mine. We have agreed that what works for us is the best for us.

Back