What exotic animal?

Black Buck would be a cool trophy, but I don't want to go to India
I do believe that Black Buck is one of the species that has been imported to Texas game ranches and can now be hunted in the USA.

I went on a non-hunting trip to Kenya a couple of years ago. Cape Buffalo give you a look that says; "I would really love it if you fell out of that truck". Got charged by a hippo on a boat ride, even though I knew that the guy piloting the boat knew exactly what he was doing in provoking and escaping the charge that hippo scared the hell out of me.

Saw them grazing on land that night. They are shockingly fast and agile on land. My dream hunt would involve going after a hippo on land at night and then stalking a Cape Buffalo on open land the next day. I'll never do it, I feel blessed just to have seen them both in their environment in person.

Andrewsarchus

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-4FIBced9t...Q/Q20gJhRdFVM/s1600/Andrewsarchus+diorama.jpg

Not much is known about this monster, since one skull is the only thing that remains. It looks like a hyena about 6 feet tall at the shoulder with a mouth like a hippo (it's closest living relative). I imagine it could bite you in half. I could die a happy man if one day dozens of these things ran roughshod like a biblical horde of terribles in every city with strict gun-control.

Unread November 12, 2013, 09:18 PM #24
Jo6pak

Reindeer may not be exotic....but hinting them in Sweden with my sporterized 6.5mm Swedish Mauser would be a pretty cool hunt.

sorry reindeer are all livestock in Sweden, herded by our Same people (our indians)

get a krag and go to norway instead, they have wild reindeer

Deer in the scottish highlands

Buffalo in africa of course

but most of all a tiger hunt, if they weren't endangered and all, from elephant back naturally, a maneater of course

Andrewsarchus-Not much is known about this monster, since one skull is the only thing that remains. It looks like a hyena about 6 feet tall at the shoulder with a mouth like a hippo (it's closest living relative). I imagine it could bite you in half. I could die a happy man if one day dozens of these things ran roughshod like a biblical horde of terribles in every city with strict gun-control.

That thing looks like the Hollywood-depicted computer-generated version of a grey wolf from that Liam Neeson movie "The Grey"

With the caveat that the cost we're not including is the restoration of any habitat, species control levels, and so on, I wouldn't mind getting a buffalo robe, and two or three freezers worth of roasts, steaks and burgers.

And in my quest for cape buffalo, I would want to carry some exotic, nearly obsolete double rifle.

Or, if not that not, than a 9.3x62mm on a sporterized mauser.

Same as Hawg Hadden, I really can't think of an exotic I would like to hunt.
And having eaten bison, would agree as well that putting one of those in the freezer would not be a bad idea.

Back