What exotic animal?

I'd bow hunt some sort of African animal with cool horns/antlers. I've never given it much thought. Black Buck are cool. Maybe one of the rare kudu variations.

Lord Derby Eland
Cape Buffalo
Musk Ox
Marco Polo Sheep

Probably in that order as well. Going to have to win the lottery to go after Marco Polo Sheep though.

Reindeer may not be exotic....but hinting them in Sweden with my sporterized 6.5mm Swedish Mauser would be a pretty cool hunt.

I'd go for any of the the Big Ten of the ancient Americas, with preference given to the predators and more recent extinctions:
Short-faced Bear
Smilodon (Saber-toothed cat)
North American Lion
Mastodon
Giant Beaver
Stag Moose
Megatherium (Giant sloth)

Yea, there's a bit of creative cloning that has to take place first, but it would be a fun hunt. ;)

Right now, there's nothing that I can see myself paying to hunt.

it's funny that I stumble upon this thread whilst re-reading "To Ride, Shoot Straight, and Speak the Truth" by Colonel Cooper.

I'm gonna agree with the Colonel and lust after either a cape buffalo hunt or a kudu species of some variety.

I'd bow hunt some sort of African animal with cool horns/antlers. I've never given it much thought. Black Buck are cool. Maybe one of the rare kudu variations.
If I am not mistaken, Black Buck are native to India not Africa.

With the diminishing of the numbers of the big cats, elephant, etc., the only animal I would hunt is a Cape Buffalo. They are not endangered and there is just something about their demeanor that says that they just need killing.

Brian, the Black Buck has always struck me as drop-dead gorgeous with that black face mask and coloring. It has to be the most beautiful of all the hooved game.

^^that's because anything tastes great after a near death experience:D

Black Buck would be a cool trophy, but I don't want to go to India

Brian, the Black Buck has always struck me as drop-dead gorgeous with that black face mask and coloring. It has to be the most beautiful of all the hooved game.

I agree. It never occurred to me that it'd be Indian. I assumed Africa and Googled "African spiral horns" and there was a picture of it a page or two in. I guess that's what I get for not reading the caption. :)

With coyote being the exception, if I can't eat it, I don't want to shoot it. So I will say a caribou would be an animal I would like to hunt. Not on par with the African game, but different enough for my likes.

Back