What dream gun would you like to see gunmakers build?

Correia

We did this last year and it was kind of fun.

What new product would you like to see the gun makers build? What's your dream gun that nobody is making? What old gun would you like to see reserected? What nifty new concept gun do you want in the safe?

I'll put this post in handguns & shotguns also.

My dreams are simple:

A high quality yet affordable genuine Mauser action in short, long and magnum length in chrome moly and stainless...

And the Walther PPK/s in .22RF in stainless steel...

And a stainless Remington 870 without plastic parts...

To start off with lets go with a Winchester mod 23 double barrel with screwin chokes and most important double triggers at a price under a thousand dollars. Than I want a Browning BLR made like the old ones before the lightening and also before the fold down hammer model,perferably the model that had the rounded clip in 350Rem.Mag.For shooting under 300yds a better rifle could not be invented.And one more thing lets change that darned crossbolt safety on all of the Winchester and marlin leveractions to a top tang safety like the new Winchester reproductions of the Mod 95 and Mod 1886 If we got to have one on there at all.That doesn't seam like an unreasonable request to me.

A lightweight, .223rem carbine, AR18 action (rotating bolt w/ fixed piston), FAL-style gas regulator, takes AR15 mags, but with a traditional sporting stock. It would be nice if it had an easily removable barrel, and even nicer if it could shoot into 3" at 100 yards, out of the box.

Later,
Chris

------------------
"TV what do I see, tell me who to believe, what's the use of autonomy when a button does it all??" - Incubus, Idiot Box

HK G41. Roller locked HK in .223 that accepts AR-15 magazines and has a bolt hold open device.

g41cover.jpg

[This message has been edited by Destructo6 (edited October 27, 2000).]

A Dakota model 10 that doesn’t cost a fortune would do it for me. It’s a beautiful rifle but 3 or 4 thousand is a bit much. I want to use it, not keep it locked in a safe all the time.

A double barrel express rifle in a serious safari caliber - .470 Nitro Express will do - that is reliable, well built, and doesn't cost as much as the safari itself.

A blackened stainless Model 70 with integral rib, drop box magazine holding 5 rounds of .458 Lott, and a properly reinforced stock that actually fits me, from the factory for less than $1000.

As above, properly scaled up from the factory to take .416 Rigby.

And finally, a Scout rifle that's NOT priced at well over twice what its features and workmanship would justify.

HankB is on the right track...

But a double barrel rifle in a more 'American' caliber like .45-70 or .444. That would be heaven for the type of hunting most do, up-close stalking of deer and hog. While we're dreaming, make it bank vault strong, reliable and stainless steel with walnut furniture.

Are they taking orders for this one yet? ;)

Darryl

A 10mm HK USC

A stateside-built, Mannlicher-stocked, affordable .243 bolt-gun. Or, wait, doesn't Ruger crank out three of those every few years? ;)

------------------
"..but never ever Fear. Fear is for the enemy. Fear and Bullets."
10mm: It's not the size of the Dawg in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog!

Give me one of them double rifles too but In a 35cal using a rimmed case and capable of doing about 2600fps with 250 grain bullets.British shallow vee sights and a really slick and returnable to zero scope mount.Auto ejectors.weight about seven and one half pounds.24inch barrel.and while were wishing,all for under a thousand dollars.Wouldn't it be great?

A Marlin Camp Carbine [synthetic/stainless] style rifle in .45ACP or 10mm which feeds from Glock magazines, or has an "adaptable/replaceable magazine well" capable of handling different pistol magazines.

I want HankB/Darkstar's double barreled express rifle in .470 Capstick with 12ga barrels and without a price requiring a mortgage. :D

Since buying a Blaser R93 there is no such thing for me anymore as a "dream rifle." I already own one.

A scaled-down M14 in 5.56 with folding stock, mag well for USGI 16 mags, upper and lower accessory rails, compensator/suppressor, usable sights.

Would love to see a US gunmaker make a postban version of the Galil 308 modified to take FAL mags and the Galil 223 modified to take 223 AK mags.

A bolt-action bullpup? You'd have a tough time working the bolt from the shoulder, wouldn't you?

I'd like to see all existing long guns available in left-hand versions - not the usual, insulting "selected" models in "selected" calibers. :mad:

A 7-lb M1A for $500, available in all the .308-based calibers (I'm thinking .358 here).

A left-hand bolt action big enough to take .416 Rigby sized rounds.

A dangerous-game heavy, built on that action, for less than I paid for my car.

A set of all-steel aperture sights that mounts lower than the Ashleys, and provides finer adjustment, but is at least as rugged.

US made AK47's (and other AK variants such as the Valmet or Galil) with walnut furniture and fine fit and finish so that accuracy would approach 2 MOA (though not so close tolerances that reliabililty suffers in mud, sand & snow). I'd like that same manufacturer to offer select fire / full auto for those who want to pay the fees.

By "American Built" I mean of quality American-made parts through and through. Okay, some foreign parts are high quality, but I'd rather have the production capacity here in the USA, preferably scattered all over the nation in little cottage businesses (in Idaho, Maine, Georgia, Arizona, Texas, South Dakota, West Virginia, Colorado, etc.

But back to quality - every part of good fit and finish, pride in workmanship and made in the neighborhood (so to speak).

[This message has been edited by Solitar (edited October 29, 2000).]

Back