What does your revolver collection looks like?

Howdy

The problem for me with threads like this is this board only allows six photos to be attached to each post. Because of this, I have started taking some 'group photos' of some of my firearms, but the project is far from completed.

Anyhoo, here are a few selections from my revolver collection.

22 Rimfire Smith & Wessons. Model 17-3 on the left, the rest are K-22s.

Model%2017-3%20and%20K-22s%2001_zpsqiuqczbt.jpg

Three Screw Rugers.

Three%20Screw%20Rugers%2001_zps84sa09ky.jpg

Some Colt Double Actions. A Colt Army Special 38, Police Positive Special, and two 32 Police Positives.

four%20colts_zpspcbzna9v.jpg

Smith and Wesson Model Three Top Break Revolvers. Top left, 1st Model Schofield, Top Right, 2nd Model Russian. Center, New Model Number Three. Bottom, two Double Action 44s.

fivenumberthrees_zpsf7246c43.jpg

Colt Second Generation Single Action Armies.

SecondGens_zps1cfdcbb0.jpg

Just for fun, a pile of 38s and 357s. Mostly Smiths and Colts, my only DA Ruger is also in the photo. Don't worry, I was more careful than it looks, no firearms were damaged when taking this photo.

pile_zpsqeggxfbj.jpg

That's all for now.

My meager collection.

Ruger New Model Blackhawk Convertible 357/9mm, S&W Model 15-3,S&W Model 30.

Attachments

• Revolvers.jpg
    Revolvers.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 59
Wow Driftwood and Deaf! Y'all have fabulous collections!

I have mostly old ones that I bought used. They mostly ain't pretty, but I like the way they shoot.

My favorite is probably my three-screw Super Blackhawk 44 magnum, 7.5" barrel.

Super20Blackhawk_zps8zdsf02x.jpg

Zen and Mike seem to have amazing collections too. Wow.

Another favorite is the Rossi Model 720 44 special, 3" barrel.

Rossi44_zps16ad2875-1.jpg

This Ruger Single Six 22lr (6.5" barrel) was in pretty rough shape when I got it. It is the one I shoot the best.

ce23cb88-5049-46e1-9152-f110aea093e0_zpsv3kx2shl.jpg

Currently my revolver count is sitting at 68 with near half of them being black powder from civil war to smokeless powder introduction.

A little of this...a little of that...a few of those...some that are nice and some that show a lot of use. A couple might interest a collector but all are shooters to me. A few oddball pieces thrown in for good measure. More S&Ws than any other brand but that's because they made the most models. A surprising number of H&R revolvers. Last purchase was a Colt Single Action Army made in 1961. Last acquisition was a nickel S&W Model 58. Traded a blued one for it. Nothing more I really want at this point.

There's just something about revolvers with wood grips. Hate the rubber and I have to replace it as soon as possible.

IMG_0446_zpsgnmjir4p.jpg

S&Ws, a couple of H&Rs and a Uberti Cap and Ball. Like them all but my absolute favorite is the 629 with the unfluted cylinder. Love that look on a revolver.

Mine looks like I have an addiction to S&W Revolvers...... I do. :o

the tubes are somewhere between 3 inches and 6 inches.

Anybody got anything different?

Just a bit. Tubes run from 2" to 8&3/8"

I GREATLY prefer 4" barrels, but I have a number with 6 or so inch barrels....

The 24-3, a 19, a 28, and the Official Police all wear 6" barrels.

The M&P .38 and at least one of my .32-20s have 5" barrels.

I also have a couple of snubs, the 042, the Model 12, a Model 36 all have 2" barrels.

My one 19 has a 2.5" barrel.

And I have a sweet little 36 with a 3" barrel.

Interesting story about my love for the 4" barreled S&W...

I searched for over a decade, trying to find a blued Model 25 in .45 Colt with a 4" barrel.

I had any number of chances to buy 6 and even 8 inch versions, and always turned them down.

Finally, back in 2010, I found a 4" in, IIRC, Oklahoma, being sold by an undertaker. He had a sideline -- he'd bury the husbands, and as a service to the widows who didn't want the guns, he'd Gunbroker them and keep a percentage.

I paid through the nose for that 25-5... all said and done I think it was right around $900.

But I wasn't letting that one slip through my fingers, damn it.

100% Rugers. 80% blued, 20% stainless.

If I throw my wife's J frame in, that she never shoots, and I occasionally carry, it gives me a S&W.

I guess technically, I have a S&W 617 that my father gave me as well, but it currently resides at his place, and I have no plans to change that any time soon, so I dont count that one.

Gotta figure how to add picture on here??
Only got two revolvers; A smith and Wesson 617 w/red dot on it and a stainless Ruger Security Six w/6" barrel in .357mag.
Nothing special I guess but they work for me!:D

Got some Ruger D/As

Got a couple Colt D/As

I actually have more Smiths but don't have them all in one, Here's a nickel trio

And a couple oddballs 610 and 696

And a 1917

Have some S/As too
A Colt and a USFA both 45 Colts

A Uberti bisley 38/40

A couple more Uberties both 38/40s

Need to take a new pic as the 2 357s and the SBH are gone

And a BFR 475 Linebaugh /480 Ruger

I have two revolvers at this time a Ruger New Blackhawk 45ACP/45 Colt convertible and a Ruger Redhawk 45ACP/45 Colt. I love 45 Colt and it's fun to be able to shot 45ACP also.

New%20Blackhawk%2045ACP-45%20Colt_zpswqismg3r.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Redhawk%2045ACP-45Colt%201_zpsumjplows.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Back