What Does Your Local FFL Charge to Transfer?

The one that I use is $20, but if you bring in 5 non-perishable food items for the local food bank, they only charge $10 for transfers.

Others are $20-30 and one is $50.

My guy in the southern Highlands county FL charges $25.00 for one and $10.00 for each additional with a max of five & that includes the call in BG check. FWIW I found this in regards to our BG check system.

"Florida is a point of contact state for the NICS. As a result, firearms dealers in Florida must initiate the background check required by federal law by contacting the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE).1 More specifically, Florida law prohibits a licensed dealer from selling or delivering a firearm from his or her inventory at his or her licensed premises to anyone except a licensed dealer, importer, or manufacturer, without:
Obtaining a completed form from the buyer or transferee, and inspecting proper photographic identification;
Calling the FDLE and requesting a check of “the information as reported and reflected in the Florida Crime Information Center and National Crime Information Center systems as of the date of the request;” and
Receiving a unique approval number from FDLE and recording that number and the date on the form"

Last edited:
Back