What Does Your Local FFL Charge to Transfer?

In Virginia Beach, $20 is the rate at a normal LGS.
Pawn shops usually a bit more.
Colonial Shooing Academy is $50 for non-members.

A few places offer a military discount down to $15.

VA also has a small state chage of $2.

I frequent an LGS that does $20 for up to 3 weapons on a single 4473, and $5 for every extra gun.

$20 for first 4473 (4 lines on current version, I believe*)
+$5 per additional 4473*

*The form has always stated that additional firearms can be documented on a separate sheet of paper attached to the 4473, but I've never met an FFL that does such. They've always used another fully filled-out 4473.

Other FFLs around here charge $15 (kitchen table) to $50 (retail location).
One of the dirt bag dealers that has major violations in his shop on a daily basis quotes $25 per 4473 over the phone, but charges $35 per firearm once your stuff is in his possession. (He's been reported to LE and the ATF at least a dozen times over the last 4 years. Still no action taken...)

There are a few in my area that will do it for $25. A few at $30. But a lot of them want $50. Some even more.

The ones that charge $50 or more to do a simple friggin transfer, do not get a single penny of my money. For anything. And I will never do any business with them of any kind. They show who they are by their fee, and I don't patronize such places. Screw em.

Most of the kitchen table FFL's and pawn shops around here charge $25. Retail gun shops charge $55 and up. I'm about 10 miles out of town, so I'm still the $20 guy.

Forum member dogtown tom, have used him and sent others there too.

Need a FFL in Dallas/Plano/Allen/Frisco/McKinney ? Just EMAIL me. $20 transfers ($10 for CHL, active military,police,fire or schoolteachers)

$35 at LGS in Orlando. Smooth as silk operation -- after previous nightmares my shop is well worth a few bucks more. Reliable.

.02. David. :)

The ones that charge $50 or more to do a simple friggin transfer, do not get a single penny of my money. For anything. And I will never do any business with them of any kind. They show who they are by their fee, and I don't patronize such places. Screw em.
Right On Bro!!!:D

I live outside of Chicago my regular guy a home based FFL charged me $25 until he passed away and the current shop I use just went from $25 up to $40 last month.

Back