What Does Your Local FFL Charge to Transfer?

$25 total - which includes the $5 fee for the phone call - in FL they have their own background check system.

I've got 2 I use a Pawn shop that's very convenient that charges $20 and $10 for additional transfers on the same day. I'm a good customer they'll sometimes just charge $20 for 2. Then I have a home based Ffl that's out near my sister's house that charges $10+ tax.

Local pawn that I use is $20.
One individual that I know of is $10, but I've yet to use him.
Another gunsmith nearby charges $45 but he doesn't do many transfers. ;)

Last two times I had it done was $30. Previously it was $20. I guess everything but my pay check is going up? :(

Only gone through two in the past for transfers, both lgs. One charges $50 for newly manufactured guns, $25 for used guns.

Other charges $30 flat, use to be $25, but members of local gun clubs only pay $15.

In Tennessee there is a $10 fee for the states background check and then the dealer charges whatever they like to do the transfer. I've used 3 different places and they've all been $25.....No need to pay more than $35 here.

$2,100 for my last transfer.....

Just kidding, I went in to pick up a 1927 Mosin Nagant, talking to the manager who is a buddy of mine and he sold me an HK SP5K.

1. I had told myself if I saw one in person, I would have to have it.
2. He got me when I had my brand new, low interest, zero balance credit card in hand. He got me....

But he threw in a free transfer and a box of ammo, that balances the cost, right? Anyway, I have no regerts

But he threw in a free transfer and a box of ammo, that balances the cost, right? Anyway, I have no regerts

Same thing happened to me... my FFL had a lightly used Kahr CW9, I thought it would be a good beater pistol. Now I have 5 Kahrs...

Free. No kidding, there is a pawn shop/gun dealer that has a $00.00 charge for transfers. Worth the 25 mile drive!

IN NYS they are only allowed to charge $10.00 by law. This is the reason most will not do a private transfer. They will only do it if you buy the gun from them.

Back