What do you think is going to be Ruger's next gun?

Let's see - Ruger has already copied the AR15, made a mini version of the M14, copied the 1911, copied Kel-Tec's PF9, copied the Glock 17 (Ruger American), copied Colt's SAA - so, here are my guess:

CZ 75B copy

No input on their next firearm. I just wanted to add - I read where Ruger has stated their sales are currently up 1/3rd. So, I suspect they are busy with manufacturing efforts prioritized by what is selling best. (Source: CNN Money published this week.)

They will most likely want to wait and see which way the wind is blowing next year after the new whoever settles into the White House.

This is unless they already have something in the skunk works and the additional income provides them with plenty of capital to expedite the work on the latest project.

It seems the new hottest rifle round is the .33 as the Very Low Drag (VLD) for distance shooting. Nosler has done a lot of research in this area. I do not know what Ruger has in area of calibers for their rifles. I suspect you will see a lot of future competition in this area. There is a good article on this subject in the Dec. issue of Guns and Ammo.

My above points are based upon market, capital input, timing and political climate. Otherwise, I lack any insight or knowledge of Ruger's thinking or business planning.

Recently, we've seen the Ruger Mark IV pop up on the scene. I'm trying to get a Ruger Mark IV Hunter version, but I'm a "one-man" gun repair shop and only sell a few guns a year so, I'm sorta at the end of the soup line.

I'm gonna hold out for one of those and then test the livin' snot out of that thing. ;)

And they just announced a new SR1911 target model, and a couple of months ago the compact version of the Ruger American pistol. Should see some revolver announcements in the next couple weeks I would guess.

I will say for as over saturated as the 1911 market is, Ruger makes some damn well priced 1911's that not only look nice, but I know are going to be good quality.

There are reports on another forum that Ruger will release a GP100 in 44 special. There have been rumors about this subject for many years, but it sounds like this time it might actually happen.

Also, Ruger has shown a Mark IV 22/45 at one of the industry shows. This video from GunBlast has an interview with a Ruger representative starting at 00:59. During the interview, the Ruger rep briefly shows a 22/45 Mark IV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMUy8FGU6IA

Given the success of the S&W 69, I hope Ruger goes for a GP in .44 Magnum. The heat treatment they use for the Super Redhawks in .454 and .480 should make the GP strong enough for magnum loads.

ting and modern machining to make Single Action Revolvers, 1911's, and what was essentially a Mauser bolt action
I'm not an expert, but, except for the 1911, I think they made enough changes they weren't running afoul of too many patents in the first place. Those aren't clones.

They already make a piston AR-10.

If the sales were there, I could see them offering a cheaper DI version.

Back