What do you think is going to be Ruger's next gun?

TruthTellers

Ruger came out with the LCP II a few weeks ago adding it to the Ruger American and it's compact variant, the Ruger Mark IV, and probably a couple other guns that I don't remember atm.

Anyway, Ruger's always coming out with something new and I think that Ruger is going to come out with a .410/.45 revolver to compete with the Taurus Judge and S&W Governor and they'll call it the Ruger Executive.

TFL people, what do you think will be the next gun Ruger comes out with?

I’ll play.

IMhO firearm folk love gun gossip just as much a some folk love new news about the Kardashians (and yes, I am slightly ashamed I know who the Kardashians are.)

Right here on this site we’ve been told what sidearm sidearm is going to replace the M9. (IIRC that was supposed to be a done deal last spring) what the next military long arm caliber is going to be, how the U. S. Navy will deploy rail guns and lasers instead of conventional guns (actually they have deployed a laser on a ship) etc. etc.

If you can list the source of your inside information that would be great but of course I’d understand if you can’t.

I’ll just get the popcorn out and enjoy.

Ruger has a lot of the bases covered already... My only WAG would be reintroduce a lever action which in ruger speak would be a model 96. Maybe a tactical version like mossberg made :rolleyes:

I'd be thrilled if they would just crank out more LCR's in 327.

Been anxious to pick one up, but not for the prices people are asking.

I would like to see a classic patterned lever action. I don't think that would sell as well as some other projects they could venture in, but its my personal request. I see Ruger's next venture may be officer sized 1911s. Nothing earth-shattering, but a market none-the-less

I think this has turned into what do you want vs what do you think they will come out with. While I would like to see ruger make a lot of things (lever action, deer slayer, defensive shotgun). I think their next new gun will be an optics ready pistol, and while I also hope it is an sr9 it will likely be an American.

Last edited:
I never would have seen the LCP II coming, but I guess it makes sense in retrospect. Especially considering the LC9s.

What other Ruger products need a modern restyling or are leaning towards obsolescence? The MK4 pistol was also a surprise to me.

What are the current fads?

I'm thinking a deluxe combat style SR556 is about due.

I'd also imagine the SR9 family will be discontinued soon, with maybe the 9E hanging on for a while as a budget option.

An optics ready Ruger American is plausible.

Ruger "New Navy"...in 36 cal....double barrel derringer in 327mag.....mini gp1000...just like NAA sidewinder...with lazer.......super judge in 20 gauge....
40watt phase rifle....with 3 x 300-50 scope...

Last edited:
Bring back the .44 mag. Deerslayer carbine with improvements and in .454 Casull chambering.

^^^This. With so many "shotgun only" states allowing handgun caliber carbines to be used, it's a no-brainer. One only has to look at the jump in MSRP of their 77/44 they introduced a few years back to see there must be a demand for true hunting type Handgun caliber carbines. The old .44 carbine, like their 77/44, accepts a scope well and is much easier/safer to load and unload than a tubular mag lever. Lot's of handgun caliber levers out there....not so much with semi-autos. IMHO, Odds are they'd do a .357 before a .454.

kozak6 said:
I'd also imagine the SR9 family will be discontinued soon, with maybe the 9E hanging on for a while as a budget option.
The SR pistols have about as much chance of sticking around as Remington has coming out with a new handgun that doesn't suck.

9E will probably continue on, with a compact version like the SR9c possibly due to compete with the Taurus PT111.

I expect that there will be no announcement of the cancellation of the SR series of pistols, it will just disappear off Ruger's website and distributors will no longer be able to order them, like the LCP Custom.

The LSR series of Light Service Revolvers. Medium framed revolvers built on a polymer and alloy frame with stainless steel cylinders and barrel inserts. Smaller and much lighter than S&W K-frames. Available in 9-shot .22lr, 8-shot .22 magnum, 7-shot .327 magnum, 6-shot .357/.38, 5-shot .44 special.

The initial run are all LSRx models with SA/DA and exposed hammer.

Back