What do you think about Glocks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh......
I was in a hurry and was loading a bunch of stuff into the cab (rangebag, rifle case, duffle bag, 10 year old....)
Some how it ended up under the truck and I felt the "thump" as I pulled over it.
I looked back and said "What the hell was th.... oh f###!!!"

I got my first one, a G17 last week.Before that I was a bigger, heavier is better type of person. I didn`t think so many could be wrong, so I got one.

Rocoil is much lighter than I expected, also the trigger, for a DA is remarkably light. Accuracy is pretty good also.

What I don`t like-mag release needs to be extend, and why not fill in the empty space around the mag well. It looks cheap, like a toy. But man, it works GREAT.

TFL must be in trouble, they now have a moderator who runs over his own weapons as if he is a Marine Boot fresh off the bus. Must have limited firearm experience also with the 1911 comment. ;)
Hiker

[This message has been edited by Hiker (edited August 23, 1999).]

I have a number of 9mm handguns -- among them a Glock 17, a S&W 669, and a Sig P-210. I have been shooting both the Glock and the Sig in IDPA competition.

Surprisingly, I find it easier to get more hits in the black on the NRA 50' rapid fire target at 50' with the Glock 17 than the Sig. And no -- there's nothing wrong with the P-210. (Perhaps my 17 is unusually accurate; it is a refurbished ex-police gun.)

Both are reliable and accurate. The Glock cost me less than 1/3 of what I paid for the Sig.

I'm sure that if I was faced with a life or death situation requiring the use of a handgun, I'd reach for the Glock first.

(On the other hand, to quote a gunwriter in a recent article on the P-210, if I "had" to shoot at a target 100 yds away -- and couldn't turn and run -- I'd be shooting the Sig P-210...)

[This message has been edited by Walt Sherrill (edited August 23, 1999).]

a_diamondback

You can certainly shoot reloads out of a Glock. It simply voids the warranty so that glock is not responsible if you kb your gun. However no manufacturer will warranty your gun if YOU kb it with YOUR reloads.

As for lead you might be carefull. They can cause exessive pressure in Glock polygonal barrels. I shoot lead SWC's out of my g21 .45 with no problems though.

------------------

Some love 'em, some hate 'em, I think their great. Carried a Glock for 10 years, and I'd bet my life on one.

Walt -

I have the same experience. I attribute it to "combat accuracy" over "bench accuracy". I have owned many guns including HK's, Sigs and others that are known to be very accurate, but I still compete best with my Glock. I know that the custom 1911's and others I have are more accurate off the bench, but in my hand, in real life, I just hit better with my Glock.

One thing though: you really have to get to know the Glock trigger before you can be really good with a Glock. But once you do, you can be good with ANY Glock.

Glocks are supposedly not that accurate, but some of mine have held 1.5" groups right out of the box and have never lost that ability from being fired a lot.

What do I think of Glocks? No comment. They really aren't for me.
What do I think of Glock owners? The ones that I have talked to, both on-line and in person, are some of the best people I have met. I hate to broad brush a group, even for good points, but there seems to be an attitude of "I like my Glock, if you don't that's not my problem, it's yours. It just means more for me to own. :)", without being sanctimonious(sp) about it.

------------------
Want to feel your age?Check it out. http://web.superb.net/boy/age1.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back