What do you carry daily?

daily carry

wallet,keys on kershaw knife carbiner, cell phone, lock blade knife, KT .32 or Glock 19, one spare mag for the 19, two spares for the .32. Plus I always wear a ball cap and sunglasses.

I wear a vest because I carry a gun and have been robbed of guns and know that bad guys have them and use them.

Ancient warriors wore armor to protect against the weapon of their era;

To coin an older phrase and make it more modern....

"Those that live by the gun, die by the gun..."

With some of the stuff you guys carry I'm suprised you don't wear a helmet when you drive your car because you have a much greater chance of needing that helmet than anything else you carry, including your gun.

Part of safe concealed carry is being "concealed"...

Carrying a utility belt is hardly being concealed. And, the enemy of any CCW is having his "cover" blown. One could have some problems then.

As for driving, granted, driving is dangerous. However, with some 150 million cars on the road and all of the hours I've driven in my life, knock on wood I've not had any serious accidents. And, I purchased and drive a safer vehicle than the norm, wear my seatbelt, and have front, side, and curtain airbags. So, I think you're wrong that driving is necessarily more dangerous.

Regarding the helmet.... one might think that wearing a helmet would not only look ridiculously silly, but may make driving more UNsafe because of the reduction in vision and hearing senses thereby possibly causing an accident that could have otherwise been averted.

Well the helmet would have to be modified of course. But my point is you're much more likely to die or recieve serious harm from a car accident than you are from a mugger.

Hmm...leadcounsel, you must be a divorce lawyer. ;) Naa. On second thought you'd have to wear a level IV with trauma plate and crotch protector.

Seriously, though I have done business with bulletproofme and they are very fast and helpful.

I've got to agree about the Kel Tec, but a .40 is maybe a little bit overboard for a civilian who maintains a 'duty to retreat'. I have said this before on this forum that I believe a .40 is too hard to control and punches holes through too many layers of wallboard for casual social situations. Especially when they don't have an unlimited litigation defense fund. :D

Interesting. I know a lawyer who wears a helmet to drive, but why he drives a sports car I have no idea.

Let's see...

PASGT helmet with desert cover
WileyX SG-1 goggles or ESS ICE sunglasses
Interceptor body armor with SAPI plates
Two field dressings
Two cravats
Lensatic compass
224 rounds of 5.56mm M855 ball/M856 tracer carried in eight 30-round magazines loaded with 28 rounds apiece in two Blackhawk STRIKE M4 double-mag pouches
IR strobe for signaling friendly aircraft
Garmin GPS V
Three liter Camelbak Thermobak
Gerber multi-tool
Surefire G2Z
M4 with TA31RCO-M4 ACOG, GG&G MAD BUIS, VTAC Mk1 sling, and Blackhawk buttstock mag pouch carrying one 20-round magazine loaded with 18 rounds of 5.56mm M855 ball/M856 tracer
M9 carried in Blackhawk CQR thigh holster with 45 rounds of 9mm M882 in factory magazines

Oh wait, did you want to know what I carry when I'm not in Iraq? :p

Gerber
Surefire A2 Aviator

I rarely go anywhere but work and home, and concealed carry is banned on post. :(

Last edited:
XD Service Model

Whats the best way to carry the XD Service Model concealed? Live in Texas and things get a bit hot down here. How comfortable are those under the shirt shoulder holsters or the ones that look like a body wrap? Does one have a problem with sweating real bad?

Meek:
Colorado law requires no "duty to retreat." If threatened you have the RIGHT to stand your ground. However, my own prinicples recognize that if the lead starts flying - so to speak - I'd rather be snowboarding :D

In this day and age, there's little that I'm willing to die for and I'll leave if given the opportunity. However, that being said, I'll fight as vicious as a rabid and injured dog if pushed, and I'll take an attacker's life faster than an ex-wife can burn through your bank account. :D

Any bullet that will penetrate a BG will penetrate car doors, drywall, and common barriers. The .380 and the .40 will penetrate multiple layers of common barriers, so the risk exists with both. However, if I shoot I don't plan to miss... arogant, yes. realistic, no. My goal, yes. So, if I thought I would miss, I wouldn't shoot.

Back