what do you carry concealed ?

I can't remember if I responded to this thread. I don't carry concealed although I have a couple of choices to do so. The reason I don't is because I feel uncomfortable carrying a gun concealed. This is not to say I never do as I have on occasion when I have had to go places where carrying is just a better decision.
When it is a "better decision" I prefer the very very discreet concealed carry, and go down in caliber and size to either one of these:

Manurhin .32 ACP
PB290611.jpg

Colt Cobra .32 New Police
035.jpg

If I had to regularly carry concealed it'd be the Browning Hi Power
P6110542.jpg

Currently carry a Glock 26, however a recent self defense shooting in my area had me really rethinking what caliber I want to carry.

Long story short, there was a shootout between a robber and store clerk. Robber was hit twice and still managed to continue firing shots at the clerk. Robber ran out of ammo, ran across the street and collapsed in a fast food restaurant parking lot. Robber survived and last time they showed him on the news was mostly fine.

Robber was hit twice....twice man. Mind you I don't know what ammo was used but that really got me thinking. God forbid I ever actually have to use mine for self defense. Should I ever be in that situation, I guess I would be more comfortable with something that would end the situation immediately rather than a shootout like that. I know shot placement is critical, heck a 22lr could work as a SD pistol if the shot was well placed.

After much internal debating and range time spent shooting 4x4 boards, assorted fruit and 2 liters filled with water (sometimes ice) I bought a Glock 29. Just waiting on the holster to arrive and then get some range time in practicing drawing and firing.

Most recent choice?

I have carried a Taurus .45 auto, a CZ 9mm Rami, a Beretta .380 auto, a S&W .38 360 revolver, and my most recent choice is a Walther PPS .40 caliber. Have spent a small fortune on holsters for all of them! Each time I think I have the "perfect" weapon. The Walther is the best choice for now, until something else comes along. Maybe a Kel Tec in an ankle holster for a backup gun?
WAP10001.jpg

Seriously? You must have one of the few that work. Congrats.

I guess so because I have had this one for 15 years and probably have shot somewhere between 3000-4000 rounds through it and has never jammed even once. A few "did not fires" which is not uncommon with rim fire ammo especially if its old and thats it.
Plus it's a tack driver to boot.
This pistol has been perfect, light weight, thin, accurate.

Soon to be a .32M single six (yes, that's a SA) but I may pick up a smallish .32M/.327/.38SP DA at some point in the future. 50/50 chance or so.

LK

I just passed the ccw test and now am waiting to turn 21 so i can carry. Ive shot a lot of guns and although i haven't tested one out yet i think i want to carry a kahr pm9 i'm skinny and don't want to change how i dress too much and i think a small gun would fit my needs well.

My EDC

EDC is my Public Defender most of the time along with it my Kel Tec PAT380, reason I ride alot and of course my Glock 26 is always within reach at all times.

Back