what do you carry concealed ?

Summer...380 Makarov.
All other times, Model 19 Combat Magnum or 1911A1.
Single shot 12 GA. in the Jeep with a 5 round butt cuff.

What do I carry

Kahr 40 with extra Magazine, most of the time, others as needs change.
Gold Dot Hollowpoints

My favorite is my Glock 19 with nite sites and 15-rnd mags in a Desantis holster, or in my waistband @ 4:00.

I like the Kel-Tec P-32, it's light enough to ride fully loaded in my sock, just above my ankle.

I also like carrying my hammerless Taurus 85 in a coat pocket, or in a suede Bianchi inside-the-pants holster.

Recently, I've been carrying my Ruger P944 with Hogue grips in my waistband @ 1:00. It's bulky as hell, but that's what makes it fun!

I've also carried my 4" S&W model 19 in my waistband, but I stopped after it slipped out through my pant leg! Thank god I was in an empty apartment hallway.

In addition, I've also carried a Beretta 92, which I highly reccomend and a Magnum research Baby Eagle in .40s&w which I almost had to use one time in a resturaunt parking lot. I also came close to using my old Beretta 21 once, at another resturaunt in the same neighborhood. I sold that thing a while back because it jammed too much.

I like to carry one of my tactical folding knives in my back right pocket or on my belt @ 12:05. I also like to have a flashlight with me.

The best thing you can carry with you is a razor-sharp set of wits. Diffusing a situation that doesn't need to become violent is a valueable skill. Take it from me, don't ever get sucked down into someone else's bad trip.

Of course, there are surely some situations where one has no choice but to draw & fire on an assailant, but with anything but bad luck, you'll make it home with the same number of bullets you left your house with.

I'm moving to NYC soon, so I won't be able to have a CWP, or any firearms, for that matter. Instead, I'll probably carry a little folding knife, a mini-maglite and some pepper spray. That should be enough to keep me safe and out of trouble. Wish me luck!!

I've carried every handgun I owned at one time or another, icluding SRH .454, 6" 629, 6" GP-100, 7.5" SBH. . .

But my guns I usually carry are:
SP-101 .357
P-90 .45ACP
GP-100, 4" .357
629, 4"

I'm like Magnum, I've carried every handgun I've owned (in 9mm or above). But I tend to favor two of them right now.

Weekday and Saturday gun = Ruger KP97D .45ACP
Sunday-go-to-meeting gun = Kahr K9 9mm

What for a large frame .45?

To those of you lugging a full-size 1911, can you suggest a holster? I ask because a .45 Colt (that I've put somewhere well over 5,000 rounds through--mostly my own handloads) is all I have. And now I find myself living in a carry state. For answering the door in a bathrobe at 1 A.M. I've always had a leather Bianchi X2000 Phantom shoulder holster, but I'd like to hear other ideas.

To those of you lugging a full-size 1911, can you suggest a holster?
I used to use a Galco Scout. I like the Wilson Featherweight a lot, but the J-hook cracked. Last couple of years I've used a Milt Sparks Summer Special.

I carry the one on the right.

G26_rotated_small.jpg

In order from most carried...

Keltec P32 (most of the time)
Taurus M85UL (outdoors)
Kimber Compact (winter)

I do not feel confident concealing the larger guns. The most the vests I see are usually too tactical looking. Nothing says dork like a fanny pack.

I carry the Keltec using two methods. Attached clip on on the waistband or in a Michaels pocket holster which I modified to carry an extra mag.

tjg

Back