Depends on the mood and season.

Formal and cool weather, a 3" S&W 696 in .44 Special:

696altamontleft1.jpg

Casual, hot weather, a Kahr K9 in 9mm Luger:

k9.jpg

Casual to formal, hot to cool weather, Caspian Officer's ACP in .45 ACP:

caspianbootfighter.jpg

Les Baer TRC.

(Not my accual gun here. Not sure where I got this pic.)

Stay safe,

James S.

Attachments

• hc_trsstucco.jpg
    hc_trsstucco.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 369
That depends on the occaision.A S&W 642 or 649 for general CCW,a Seecamp .32 for dress up (weddings,funerals,etc.),a 1911 for cold weather carry,a Beretta 950BS for deep cover.tom.

I carry a High Standard G Man .45 1911 in a Blocker ST 17 holster

if packing lighter, a custom FM High Power in Kramer IWB

I may stick a Taurus 85 .38 or Kel Tec 9mm in my pocket.

.45- 65%
9mm 30%
small guns 5%

I prefer to carry a 5" Colt 1911 in an IWB with one spare mag.

When that is just not possible I carry (keep it quiet!) a Kel-Tec P11 in an Uncle Mike pocket holster. My little gun used to be a Taurus Mod 85CH in same pocket holster. Found the the P11 to be lighter and twice the capacity.

Except in seriously unusal situations, I can carry my 45 and do. The bonus is that I can also carry the P11 at the same time, and normally do that also.

Concealed carry choices

Most frequently I carry a 3 inch heavy barrelled S&W Model 60 Chief's Special in a pancake holster made by Doc Barnett. But I also often carry a Kahr P9 in a Ky-Tac kydex holster, or a SIG P230 in a Ky-Tac rig or in a Horan hideout holster attached to the straps on my body armor.

And if I'm feeling particularly elegant that day I have a Walther PPK tuned up by Krebs Gunsmithing I carry in a Mitch Rosen shoulder holster.

A lot depends on the weather and my mode of dress. I'm a big boy and I can probably hide a 37mm cannon (sawed off) under a parka, but the summers here in Wisconsin are hot & humid and at such times I prefer to carry something small and flat that I can hide easily.

The little gun you have with you is more useful than the big gun you left at home because it was too big to hide. The first rule of gunfighting is: HAVE A GUN!

We qualify quarterly and I usually go out on a day off when in-service is in session and shoot the current QC with all of my hideout guns because we don't have time to do it when I'm either instructing or scheduled to attend as a student. The specific courses we run for off duty and backup guns are usually 30 rounds and require shooting out to 10 yards or so.

My favorite Conceal Carry Pistol

Lately I am happy with the lite weight Taurus PT-111 (9mm) Mill.Pro.
It conceals real nice and mine is loaded with 9 rnds. in a 10 round mag. I like the 115g JHP - Winchester. (Trigger is the only thing I don't find superb) took a little getting used to it.... but shoots great and no problems 500+ mixed diet.... :D

Concealed Carry Weapons

Recently my brand new Springfield Armory XD 40. Before that (and still sometimes) my Ruger Security Six .357 Mag 2 3/4" barrell.

Glock 23 IWB, with 13+1 165gr Gold Dots from Double Tap ammo, 50% of the time. SW mod 37 snub with Remington 125gr +p sjhp, 25%. The rest of the time I carry either the G19 with 147gr Win USA JHP, Sig p228 with 115gr Remington JHP, or the Keltec p32 with Remington FMJ. Depends on mood and of course, mode of dress.

Back