What auto occupies your nightstand?

I'm another who keeps his EDC next to the bed. In my case it is a Glock 26, with a 12-round spare mag to its left and a decent flashlight to the left of that. FWIW, I lay everything out the same at home, in hotel rooms, wherever, so that I can lay my hands right on them.

And my wife has her own pistol, and there are other arms that can be brought into play pretty quickly if a fight got prolonged for some reason. The G26 is pretty good starter kit, though.

SIG P-250C chambered in .40 cal. It also has a StreamLight TLR-1 HL flashlight mounted on it.

I also have a Surefire Back-Up flashlight lying next to it in case I prefer a hand-held light.

A Cougar in 9mm with 15 rounds of hollow point. I like the Cougar because it feels and runs exactly like my 92FS but it is a little more compact.

Beretta M9A1 with some spare 15rd mags
Bodyguard .380 which is my carry gun for work
Mossberg 500 leaning against the wall a few feet away

15ds0he.jpg

Currently, it is my Springfield XD 4" in .40S&W with 180gr Ferderal HST's (my EDC weapon). However this will be getting upgraded to a S&W Governor with Federal .410 Handgun 000 Buckshot for nightstand duty as soon as it comes off layaway.

However this will be getting upgraded to a S&W Governor with Federal .410 Handgun 000 Buckshot for nightstand duty as soon as it comes off layaway.

You might want to rethink that. Not only have the .410 shot shells been known to cause reliability issues in the Governor and Judge, they really aren't well suited as a self defense round compared to conventional pistol calibers. If you want to shoot 000 buckshot, use a shotgun.

If you make the mistake of using regular shotshells in a Judge or Governor, you may indeed have reliability and performance issues. I've seen where people have had problems with the shells jamming in the cylinder and blocking rotation. However, the newer loads created for use in the .410 revolvers are a different story. The current defensive loads are nasty, nasty stuff at across-the-room distances.

Here are links to a couple of decent reviews where the updated ammo is used:
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2011/08/chris-dumm/gun-review-sw-governor-take-two/
http://m.youtube.com/watch?src_vid=...ion_3357262277&v=ZDMDd4eAQO0&feature=youtu.be

nightstand Pistol

- SIg TACOPS 1911 .45 ACP with excess big dot 24/7 sights, CT lasergrips, and a light on the pic rail.

Kimber Stainless II with two extra mags, one step past that over the door is an AR with a 20 round mag (because with a 30 rnd mag the bedroom door doesn't close thats why).

Wife's night stand = Walther PK380 (2 clips)

My night stand = Glock 22 Gen 4 (40 cal. 2 clips)

If that doesn't get the job done. Then the Ka-Bar Mark 1 Knife in the night stand is for the up close work.

Jim

Back