we're overthinking certain aspects of CCW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Countzero said:
I admit I played Dungeons & Dragons

What would you do?

Scenario: You are the last of your party to leave the pub, the rest of your comrades are already asleep in their beds at the inn when you notice three cloaked figures behind you, two cloaked figures in the shadows up ahead to the left and one cloaked figure in the shadows up ahead to the right...

You have a +3/+3 long sword (+4 against trolls), + 2 leather armor, and a magic missle wand...

what would you do ?

I would pull out my bag of holding and jump in it, wait for one of the cloaked figures to pick it up and take me back to their hideout. I would then wait until they fell asleep, crawl out of the bag and then put them in my bag of holding. I would then go to the red dragon's mountain layer and place the bag of holding in the middle of the dragon's treasure horde and then open the bag and run away.

The cloaked figures would then emerge, start grabbing loot and then be utterly decimated by the flames from the red dragon. I could go on and on and on...:D I was a dungeon master for many, many years! Yes, I am a nerd, but a proud nerd.:cool:

Good post OP.

What cracks me up sometimes is the hyper-paranoia or uber gung-ho attitude about Concealed carry and self defense. In my local forum, some people say they wont even open the door to any stranger even in broad daylight (what if its a new neighbor, someone lost, etc). Or they bring 2 guns and 2 knives wherever they go, or they wont go to a bar coz they can't carry there, blah blah blah.

Really its about being prepared and using common sense. and your .45cal will have about the same effect as a 9mm; its not a rifle or a shotgun.

Just one time, I'd love to see one of these threads with a complete lack of any of the following accusations about the people on the other side:

• "paranoid"
  • "sheep"
  • "stupid"
  • "living in denial"
  • "living in fear"
  • "Rambo wanna-be"
  • "unprepared"

Can it be done? Based on available evidence, this old cynic doubts it...

Closed.

pax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back