We need more striker fired pistols!!

Why do we, well, you need more striker guns? There are way too many of them already and not enough hammer fired ones!

What we NEED are handheld Phasors from Star Trek. They have no recoil, never miss and make cool noises. Plus, when set to "stun" they probably carry fewer legal risks.

What we GET are striker fired pistols. Hmmm....

Wow, that thing is unique......NOT.
It looks like everybody else's striker fired, polymer framed pistol!
While you're at it why not "we need another gas station convenience store on every block between the existing ones"

It is always nice to see more options for the consumer. However when I am seeing high quality pistols like the Smith and Wesson M&P 2.0 selling for what they go for, often under $400, and the warranty service behind them I can't see a lot of interest in these lower priced imports though I am still perfectly happy with my 25 year old Gen 2 Glock 19 for CCW and all around pistol.

While it may not appear to be an innovative or earth shattering new idea in polymer frame, striker fired pistols, at least the slide serrations look useful for grating copious amounts of cheddar cheese in a hurry for a nice salad.

Cripes, I got all excited for NOTHING !! I though we were talking about a new concept semi-auto BP flintlock dueling pistol !!

I think the OP might have been using a thing called “sarcasm”. Because I thought the exact thing when Mossberg released their lil pistol. Just what we needed!

Why striker fired?/. I don’t own any and really can’t see the sense of them? I’ve read the opinions back and forth and am not sold on them,,,though I have always been partial to Mossberg..
I prefer hammer fired......of course I like revolvers most of all.

The last new long gun designed to use an exposed hammer came out it 19th century. Why do we still think hammers are needed on pistols in the 21st century. Cars in the 19th century used wooden wheels and body construction, maybe we need to go back to that for 21st century cars too.

Striker fired pistols and rifles also existed before the 20th Century. I have nothing against striker fired pistols, but the notion that they're new technology is wrong.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I'm curious what goes on in market research teams within companies that release these products. I mean, there has to be some development cost behind these new products, plus marketing and vendor exhibits and advertising -- that's not cheap.

Surely someone isn't saying explicitly, "I know how we can make a fortune! Make a striker-fired 9mm gun that looks and functions exactly like everyone else's, at about the same price point, in exactly the same color scheme." This market has to be about as super-saturated as a market can be. Sig doubled capacity of a tiny gun -- so that's novel. Glock is Glock and could sell Glock-themed toilet paper. The other major brands have been around forever and aren't going anywhere.

And add to this, prices have been bottoming out ever since the "Trump Slump."

I just wonder why a company would introduce this. But who knows, maybe they're gonna get rich, and I should be doing the same thing!

I'm curious what goes on in market research teams within companies that release these products. I mean, there has to be some development cost behind these new products, plus marketing and vendor exhibits and advertising -- that's not cheap.

In all likely hood it's more a matter of trying to get a piece of a booming market before it turns to something else...like the Phasor. (smile)

Dave

Back