Wasting money on shotshell holders

Has anyone tried one of the holders that mounts onto the receiver?
I got one of those with the idea that I could keep shot in the tube, and slugs in the carrier so if the "fox in the hen house" turns out to be a "bear in the garbage" I could adapt.

Doug Presson Jr Shotgun Shell Carrier HD Video Review Link

i5zm.png

inyo.jpg

I like the velcro carriers as well but for bolt on carriers the Doug Presson Custom shop carrier is the nicest I've used to date. Similar construction to the Mesa but half the price.

I have 5rd holder on my folding stock and a 6rder on the side of my mossy 500. I also have a 25rd belt. That's more than you'll ever need. Short of an all out zombie attack that is :D

I've got a tac star side saddle on my Mossberg 500. I like it because its not some generic elastic shell holder. I wish they made them for all shotguns. It was simple to install. Mine has a wood stock and forearm so I needed to trim the forearm. Not a big deal. I read alot of reviews trying to a good side saddle. Seems like not fitting wood forearms was the only complaint. Simplest way to cut it down is remove the slide assembly and remove the forearm from it. I used a door striker plate to get the nut off. Then use a chop saw to trim it up. I think I had to take around 3/8ths off.

Last edited:
Back