Want to Piss off HCI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I just got off the Phone with Beretta legal Dept 301-283-2191 get the operator and ask for legal they have already had several calls and said they are aware of it (operator almost sounded frustrated at the shear number they were receiving) They were very appreciative for the support however and are looking into it. It's getting the attention keep calling...

------------------
...“ They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.” --Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.

..."The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." --Thomas Jefferson
... "The strength of the Constitution lies entirely in the determination of each citizen to defend it. Only if every single citizen feels duty bound to do his share in this defense are constitutional rights secure." Albert Einstein

... "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction."Ronald Reagan
Take care and God Bless, El Jefe

I got $10 that says HCI starts screaming about the First Amendment when Beretta's ballcutters go after 'em.

------------------
"Taking a long view of history, we may say that
anyone who lays down his arms deserves whatever he gets."
--Jeff Cooper

El Jefe: You deserve a special award for this effort. Sounds like you started a movement here!

I hereby nominate you for the Golden Burr in Sarah's Saddle Award.

;)

------------------
CCW for Ohio action site.
http:/www.ofcc.net

Hal, All in a days work...She has made enough of us miserable I think a little turnabout is fair play even if only in a small way, the thorn in the side routine works for me!!

------------------
...“ They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.” --Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.

..."The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." --Thomas Jefferson
... "The strength of the Constitution lies entirely in the determination of each citizen to defend it. Only if every single citizen feels duty bound to do his share in this defense are constitutional rights secure." Albert Einstein

... "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction."Ronald Reagan

eljefe.jpg

------------------
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes" RKBA!

DC, a true work of art . Neato.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
"If there be treachery, let there be jehad!"

Well there it is....My 15 minutes of fame,
As I humbly accept this award I would like to thank my Mom, My Dad (God rest his Soul) my friends and Compatriots at The Firing Line for all of the effort they put forth in assisting me in this Endeavor...Thank you one and all!!...Now back to the phones!! E-Mail etc etc..
:) :)

DC it is indeed a work of art Thank You! I dowloaded the Picture so that I would have stories to tell my Grandkids, about how we took our rights seriously and fought for what we believed in and that is why they have the right to keep and bear arms....because We stepped up when we were called upon. Good Work guys, thanks for the assist but lets not drop the ball yet cause the game is not over!

SOLO....you mentioned several other sites that you posted this message too, I posted at two others besides TFL and did not get near the same response,( or the Kudo's/Awards) close on one site and very little on the other. Have you been back to check responses on those sites? Just curious
------------------

[This message has been edited by El Jefe (edited September 14, 1999).]

For some odd reason one of the posts didn't post on one forum but the other did. I have gotten a few responses but nothing like TFL. I assume however that many people who read the post did act. I droped an E-mail and will call today, didn't have time monday, way too busy. By the way for those of you who droped Beretta an E-mail did you get a response?

Just got a response from Beretta!

We want to thank all of you who sent us e-mail telling us that Handgun
Control, Inc. was showing a Beretta pistol on their website. We agree that
the likeness used on their website is the famous Beretta 92FS used by the
United States Military and many law enforcement agencies around the world.
HCI does not have Beretta's permission to use the image of this firearm for
their anti-gun crusade. Our legal department has been advised and is
preparing our response to this unauthorized use.

Thank you for your continued support.

Sincerely,

Beretta U.S.A. Corp.

Solo, I have not received anything as yet but given the the high frustration level they were experiencing yesterday I really didn't expect much. I guess we will see. If there is a way I am sure they will find it!! I am not in the habit of backing bad horses, So I as well as the others here are counting on them....Squeaky wheel gets the grease so stay on it.......

Man oh man, I'm sitting here grinnin' lahk an egg-suck dawg.

Sic 'em, Beretta!

------------------
"Taking a long view of history, we may say that
anyone who lays down his arms deserves whatever he gets."
--Jeff Cooper

El Jefe,

I received an identical email response to the one above.

Good work! You just cost HCI a lot of money. The money squandered on lawyers to make up for their own stupidity will mean that many fewer ads and lobbying moolah to push their agenda.
We can but hope that they'll replace the gun in their web site with another recognizable piece so that we can do it all over again.

It was a pleasure to be a small part of this.

El Jefe for El Presidente!

------------------
Keith
The Bears and Bear Maulings Page: members.xoom.com/keithrogan

El Jefe...

It was my pleasure and I meant every word:
you spotted a weakness in the enemy, you took the initiative and devised a plan...as soon as I saw your post and checked HCL I knew you had something. Its a shame, but its reality, businesses do few things for principle, but fight like demons to protect business interests.
Superlative work, Sir

------------------
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes" RKBA!

I Sit here with a LARGE grin :) on my face, because WE were able to in some small way cause HCI the kind of grief that they cause us...It may be a guerilla tactic but it worked. What made it work is the fact that you all called in to express your dismay, once Beretta realized that it was not localized but from people from all around the country they knew that they had to take action, and quickly because it may very well become a wildfire that Beretta could not put out. This only worked because we did it together as a unified group. Tell your friends, give them the 301-283-2191 phone number, tell them to ask for the legal Dept and express thier concern. Beretta has the legal teeth to take on HCI We just need to point that Rottweiler in the right direction! Encourage others until that gun is removed and they put another one in there, then we start the process over, (That is if they are that dumb) ;)

As for the Nomination for President, well you are to kind, but if you get my name on a ballots in all 50 States then we're talking!

Bottom line is that this was a group effort that came together nicely and through that effort we may see HCI get a little uncomfortable and lose some of it's fiscal resources trying to defend it's ignorance.

The reason I ask that we stay attuned to the situation is I don't want to declare victory until we SEE some positive results :) :) I have already made some of my friends aware and they have called in as well. They get the same "We are on it " speech as the rest of us got, doesn't hurt to keep the Dog on alert until all is Quiet on the Western front!! Thank you again for your Staunch support without it this little battle would have ben lost long before it ever got started.

DC You too my fair lady are all too kind, I am just doing my part. Humbly I thank you for your words. (um you will have to forgive the "Sir" thing earlier :) My humble apologies if I offended.)

------------------

UPDATE....

I just visited Beretta USA's website (www.berettausa.com) and man is there a LARGE Disclaimer :) It reads the same as our e-mail response but they're in damage control mode now!! What did you guys say to them anyway?? Keep up the good Work...I'm still grinnin......El Jefe

El Jefe! El Jefe! El Jefe!

Three cheers! You gave them a bloody nose. A victory for the good guys. Congrats on a job well done. P them Off hell, you hit them hard where it hurts(the wallet). While some talk, you sir, have walked.

Honorable mention also to Keith and solo, for posting on other forums. And to all that corresponded with Berreta. And to DC for the effort she put into the Award. And to Rich for hosting the site that made it possible. The tide will turn on small victories like this.
------------------
CCW for Ohio action site.
http:/www.ofcc.net

[This message has been edited by Hal (edited September 14, 1999).]

[This message has been edited by Hal (edited September 14, 1999).]

UPDATE and a Renewed Call!

Well Brothers and Sisters in arms it seems that Sarah and company have answered up through act and Deed I guess they are answering Beretta as well....Their response?? to clarify the picture, no more "blurred Likeness" It is now CLEARLY a Beretta Firearm No words or symbols but a perfect picture Man the Phones, Man the E-mail, Cause Sister Sarah just upped the Ante, HCI Clarified it's position...Pardon the pun... :) I guess it's time to stick the proverbial stick back into the hornets nest!! Wake up Beretta you are being slapped in the face with the gauntlet, your challenge has been accepted.....

Now a slight alteration to Art Eatmans plan...Here is an idea with a twist Contact HCI and get a packet, I believe you can get it off the HCI Website, once you get the packet take out their postage paid envelope and toss the rest of the info in the trash. Stick A letter espousing our pro gun position in the envelope and send it back...on their dime!! Ensure all references to your name and address are deleted. If you want I'll even gen up the letter...

------------------

Let this be a lesson to all of us! The internet is a tool that is unstoppable.

Just the fact that we can all talk about these issues and with a few "point and clicks" sick a legal rottweiler on Sarah Brady's testicles is great testimony to the effectiveness of the weapon.

Kudos of course to El Jefe for recognizing the crack in the armor! Now lets find another weakness and do it again!

------------------
Keith
The Bears and Bear Maulings Page: members.xoom.com/keithrogan

I just tried to go to HCI's web site and could not get in, I got several messages stating that a connection to http://www.handguncontrol.org could not be made. Do you think they are changing the picture or is it because every TFLer is trying to get in and look at the real bad idea on their part. P*** on Sarah and her husband.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
"If there be treachery, let there be jehad!"

Gentle people;

Think on this for a moment. Denied the ability to display any image of any manufacturers firearm, what will HCI do? Looks like that just might put a crimp in thier style? Might this be a weapon to use against other anti-orgs?

Am I suffering from a contact high? or is it possible that the industry could recover some of it's legal costs from the very source of thier cause?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back