• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Vote: who wants to see a kickass new logo for TFL?

Would you like to see a new logo for TFL?

• YES

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • NO

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • MEHH...NOT SURE

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hmmmm.....

Nope. Still not feeling it. Has nothing to do with your talent. I think it's commendable for a member to offer something of this nature to speak the truth. I do like the updated styling cues for the background. Taking the original and adding some panache to it does liven it up. As Skadoosh said, the "lean" in the bullet doesn't seem congruent. And, having the bullet just sit there in space doesn't seem like it belongs. If anything, I'd have a trail of some sort going through the words and the bullet on the leading edge of it displaying it being fired.

The one major factor that causes the proposed logo to not grow on me is it just looks...cartoonish.

Well, sorry to disappoint but I think thats about as far as I'll take this concept on spec in my spare time. Thanks for all the feedback, and if the rest of you staff and members decide to pull the trigger (ha ha) with my re-design then I will make any final modifications.

Thanks everyone who contributed. Just thought it would be a cool idea to breathe some life into a severely outdated look.

I'd like to see a sample that is essentially the current logo, updated to Hi-Def, with the bullet added and a slight look of magnification where the scope is.

In other words, take your current design, change the font of The Firing Line to something more... normal (no offense)... and put the crosshair back wher it was.

Back