• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Vote: who wants to see a kickass new logo for TFL?

Would you like to see a new logo for TFL?

• YES

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • NO

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • MEHH...NOT SURE

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I like your design improvements, would suggest you tweek the typeface a bit, the rounded edges give it, in my opinion, a sort of cartoon look.

BUT....very nice upgrade on the logo.

However, the reticle in your scope is broken!

Yeah, the idea of upgrading the logo makes sense... But the verticle axis not being verticle is just aggravating to me... It's kinda like trying to improve a tree by making it grow leaning... doesn't work for me.

Jeez you guys are more fussy than my older female clients!

;)

Hit refresh guys, check it out now....running out for the day but back later. Thanks in advance for allowing my creative a.d.d. to flourish lol

I've never minded the current logo, but the resolution comes off a bit fuzzy and pixelated on modern LCD screens. It might be nice to do a higher-resolution version, or maybe redo it as an SVG image.

Hmmm... How about the concept of making the whole black background part into a stylized gun barrel with front and rear sights on top?...

Stainless, I like what you've done. It does add a bit of pizzazz to the old banner. But I also agree with Mike - Fat bottom fonts irritate me.

OK, here's the latest version fellas.....not sure what you guys were referring to about "fat bottom fonts" thats a new phrase to me....but I did soften the outline on the font which is what caused the look you were probably referring to.

What do you guys think of this? If I'm gonna stick my neck out there I want to at least make a good effort!

TFL-1.jpg

Last edited:
Mal, thats very encouraging to hear....as much as I deny it I think all designers are seeking an ego stroke by positive feedback lol. Thanks, as Rich said himself via email it's up to you guys and admin....I just wanna do my best to liven up the look of the site. I honestly enjoy this place very much after just days and plan to stick around a while. And After all the main logo/banner is the "face" of any website.

Ill patiently await more feedback...thanks for all the constructive criticism so far guys. I've been checking the site on and off all day from my iPhone!

Thanks Al, although it would result in a little cost on your end to have it printed...I could easily create a silk screen/embroidery version of this for shirts, stitching, etc.

Say the word guys, seems like the latest version is catching on!

I think by "fat-bottom fonts", Al & Mike are referring to the fact that the downstrokes of the letters "The Firing Line" taper larger at the bottom.

Exactly.

A fat bottom font is wider, or appears to be wider by a trick of perception, at the bottom and tapers towards the top of the letter.

There are a number of different names for it... Christmas tree, Pyramid, Triangle, whatever.

Hates them I do, theyz be not my preciousses...

Not warm to the idea. To be honest, the original is classic looking and the new projected one isn't really all that different in the grand scheme. Change of lettering style and added a bullet in the graphic is really all that's done noticeably. The background went from eye-catching to...well...black.

My "vote" is if there should be a change, there should be a change. Otherwise, I like our "old" one.

Gentlemen, here's the latest. Jazzed up and has much more personality now. As I said this idea was aimed more at a revamp...not a complete re-design. I set out to pay homage to the original just bring it out of the dark ages!

I think I'll park it here for a while until I get final feedback....I listened to every single comment and you guys all had good ones..now Im wiped!

TFL-final1.png

Last edited:
Back