• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Vote: who wants to see a kickass new logo for TFL?

Would you like to see a new logo for TFL?

• YES

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • NO

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • MEHH...NOT SURE

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
**EDIT**

To keep from scrolling page after page finding the most recent version of my proposed TFL logo redesign...here it is:

TFL-final1.png

Last edited:
Looks fine to me. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

The content of the website will be it's appeal, not the logo. It's not like a business or similar where people we need people to enter to purchase something, rather than go to the store next door, with a fancier logo.

In saying that, if the staff want to change it it's not going to phase me one iota.

PS. This question might have been better here rather than here where "Posts must be Firearms related."

Last edited:
I think by making it a bit boring it doesn't appeal to younger gun enthusiasts (mall ninjas).
There's enough 308 vs 3006/ what survival rifle (hidden Zombie/SHTF) as there is.

Maybe a logo that says use the search function could be good..........

I appreciate the honesty....my feelings are most certainly not hurt. As I said I do this for a living and have a super critical eye...and just thought it could be fun to develop a newer and more engaging logo for such a massive online community.

So far the poll results and consensus are...."a new logo is not a big deal to me"

I think your idea is well-meaning and I don't doubt your skill, but I kinda agree with the earlier keeping it plain looking. No shininess or gleaming edges, no zombies or tactical stuff, means the discussion stays mostly sober and mature.

Pretty much how I feel about Wyoming. It's great here, don't tell anyone!

Bud, I certainly think it's good...but could be AWESOME if I got my hands on it. If I get some extra time over the next week I will take a couple people's advice and simply create one and send to admin for feedback. I am passionate about these things!

One person's "outdated" is another person's "traditional and evocative of continuity."

And, just so we're clear, the ONLY, and I mean ONLY, vote that matters is the single vote held by this forum's founder and owner.

So even if you come up with the world's most kickass logo, there's no guarantee that it will pass muster with the only person who matters.

Point taken Mike, and I completely respect that! Who is the owner/founder by the way? I was just sort of testing the water to see if it was something viable to present to admin when the time came.

Again not stepping on toes...I was just making an offer to try to breathe some air into it to better the overall visuals for this massive online community. I am new here and happy to be on board....and want to make sure I don't shoot my mouth off!

Thanks guys

Thanks Al, I actually just wrapped up a sample mockup and emailed to him. In the meantime I think it couldnt hurt to test a mockup in this poll....

What do you guys think? I honestly wanted to keep the main elements of the current logo and just enhance them in a nicer way

Mockup.jpg

A vote on this is practically meaningless, so the poll is closed.

Personally, I like the old logo and do not want to see it changed. But I will say you do good work. However, the reticle in your scope is broken! ;)

No sweat Mal, again just kicking an idea into the ring. I just feel the current logo is so weak and doesnt have a bold presence. The concept is there but its lacking in terms of presentation, in my humble opinion.

I seriously cant help myself...I do this stuff all the time. Most times its a success. Again I saw the value in this place after lurking for a week which is why I joined up right away....which is why I am doing this on the house ;)

Again my ego will not be damaged if this concept is rejected....just a contribution to this great group thats all

Back