Very last handgun purchase

Well some good ideas so far, browning hi power is missing.
Luger is cool too.

For me an hkp7 or p9s

Colt python or pinned and recessed model 19 or 29

A pocket gun

BHP and/or Beretta 92 would be nice additions.

If the .22LR revolver floats your boat, I would consider the Ruger Bearcat. Handsome little piece, IMO.

All the guns you have listed are practical, sensible firearms....get something over the top and unnecessary, something purely indulgent and for your satisfaction and bragging rights...I'm thinking a desert eagle (I know, very tacky) or better a .500sw magnum or a magnum research bfr in .45-70 or .450 marlin

Or something controversial, a gun that people either love or hate. I'm thinking the Taurus judge or raging judge magnum, or the fn five-seven.

Ha... I have been down the last gun I will need to buy road a few times over! I will not bother to list all of the guns in my collection, but suffice it to say that "last gun" for me was only "last gun for a little while". I will go over my last 3 purchases which were after my initial "I think my collection is complete" stage.

The first slide off the slippery slope was my Springfield XDS in .45. My normal carry gun is a Kahr PM9, but I felt I wanted a little more power if I was only going to carry a single stack. The Kahr PM9 holds 6+1 and the Springfield XDS holds 5+1. I also liked the idea of having the grip safety as an extra measure against accidental discharges since I often pocket carry. I would classify this gun as a regret since the trigger is crap. I installed the Powder River Precision spring kit, but I have had a few FTF due to light strikes.

My second post "last gun" was the Sig P210 Legend in Silver. I kept looking at this gun over and over and really mulled it over for a bit. I have 2 other Sig P210s (a pre-owned "regular" P210 and the 50th Anniversary edition). I shoot the pre-owned one but could not bring myself to shoot the 50th anniversary edition, especially since it is brand new in box. The reason for getting the Legend is the beaver tail and the American mag release. The other reason is the P210 in silver is absolutely stunning!!!

My most recent post "last gun" was a Springfield Armory 1911 Loaded in 9mm. This was much more of an impulse buy on Gun Broker since it was listed $50 - $200 less other listings. Overall quality seems okay except for some sharp edges. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but it seems like a well made gun.

Once you have most of your bases covered (as you have), you look for something special to be the icing on the cake or the cherry on top. I have to admit that the new Sig MPX is looking mighty attractive to me. I have no real need for it, but then again, how many guns does one really "need"? ;)

Last edited:
Hi guys thanks for all the suggestions. I know these are 2 totally different handguns but what do you guys think about the Springfield 3.8 compact xdm 9mm vs. the cz75 compact? I was thinking of a 9mm compact. Thanks again

That's a well-rounded collection Green egg.

For me, I'm not a fan of the 2.5" bbl 686. But I have both a 3" and a 4", and I consider them both indispensable (I carry the 3" in the cooler months).

Also, I must have a 38 Special - specifically, my Smith model 67, 4".

Green egg said:
Hi guys thanks for all the suggestions. I know these are 2 totally different handguns but what do you guys think about the Springfield 3.8 compact xdm 9mm vs. the cz75 compact? I was thinking of a 9mm compact. Thanks again

I have an XDs in .45 acp. I like the idea of the grip safety, but I HATE the trigger. Powder River Precision sells a kit, but it has affected the reliability (light strikes) so I will have to change it back.

While I don't own a CZ (yet), I have been impressed with the ones I have shot. If it were between those two you listed, the CZ would get my vote.

Probably a nicer 1911 that wasn't a Kimber. Not to badmouth your gun - I'm just saying that's what I'd personally want since at least 1/2 my handgun shooting is with 1911 pattern guns.

Another idea is a S&W model 29 or a blackhawk in .45 colt - classic guns even though you said you didn't want another caliber.

For practical purposes, I'd get a pocket gun that wasn't a .380 - maybe a Ruger LC9s or Sig 938.

I always think I'm done buying and then it's a Walther PPS - then I'm really done and it's a S&W 586 4" so now I really mean it...I'm done....for now....

Laura

Another vote for a Single-Action revolver. Problem is, you probably wouldn't appreciate it enough to use it. You would have already had one by now. But, for mere collecting, actual use is not required. In that case, get an artifact that dates to the Old West.

Back