Very last handgun purchase

Green egg

Inactive
Hi all first post, hope everyone is well. What would be the very last purchase you would make if this was your collection? Thank you.
Kimber 5"1911
glock 19
Walther ppq m2
cz 75
ruger match champion 357
S&W 2.5" 686
Sig p238 380
ruger 22/45
Springfield XDS 45

A crap ton of ammo?

That's a nice collection there sir.

I am partial to Single Actions and not seeing one on your list I would toss in a Ruger SA in 44 Mag.

WELCOME TO TFL, Green Egg!

What would be the very last purchase you would make if this was your collection?

This is a difficult question to answer, for me, as my personal choices make a much longer list than you have, and my "last" one would be at the bottom of that list. And, I currently have no idea what that would be or when I would be getting it, other than to say right now, I expect my last gun to be whatever I pick up before they close my casket lid...;)

Also, I have personal experience with "this is the last one" syndrome, and have learned, for me, to never say never, again...:D

If you are looking for something to "round out" your collection, there are several ways to go, and some hint of your interests, and intended uses would be a help.

I don't see a big bore revolver on your list, nor a good .22 revolver. DA or SA, which ever you like, would be a good addition, I think.

You've got SD guns covered pretty well, a couple of pocket guns, & a .22 sport pistol too, what else might you want?? A big bore? Magnum? milsurp collectable? Multiple barrel single shot??

Lots of possibilities, its your collection, what is it you think you want to try, next??? Give a hint, and we will give you probably more help than you want!:rolleyes::D

Everybody's interest in this hobby is different...so we each tend to gravitate towards what we like...but I'd suggest you consider something like :

a. A single action revolver -- Freedom Arms, etc ...44 mag / .45 Colt .454 casuul, etc

b. A big bore double action revolver../.44 mag at least ..( S&W model 29, etc

c. A 1911 in 9mm...Kimber, Springfield, Colt - Wilson, Ed Brown, etc..

d. A full sized Sig Sauer...226 model, X-Five, etc....

I'm an old geezer who grew up watching cowboy movies and shows. I would get a Henry lever action rifle and a matching cowboy revolver like a Ruger Single Six or a Rough Rider.

1. Single Action revolver - a Colt Peacemaker or clone, or one with adjustable sights like the Ruger Flattops.
2. S&W 15 or 14 revolver.
3. S&W j-frame revolver

I would say a SA big bore. Like a .45colt, .44mag, or S&W.500 if you wanted a SA/DA. Then again, its hard to beat a nice SA or SA/DA .22

SA revolver. Personally, I prefer the Blackhawks. The 45colt with the extra 45acp cylinder would be a good addition.

Or a nice 22 revolver.

If not a revolver, I haven't met anyone yet who had a Makarov and didn't like it.

Colt SAA clone in 45 Colt!
But the whole premise of "last gun purchased" is so forign to me it's laughable!:eek:

To paraphrase Mark Twain when he talked about quitting smoking:
"Giving up buying guns is the easiest thing in the world. I know because I've done it many times.
:D:D:D

Hi guys, thanks for the great suggestions. One thing I definitely don't want to do is add another caliber. I haven't thought about the 22 revolver, interesting.

Bummer

Prior to your last post I was going to suggest a large bore pistol, 500 S&W, ,50ae, or .50GI. If you're not looking to add new calibers then I would suggest a beretta 92. Classic full size pistol, reliable accurate and bomb proof.

If I could only buy one more handgun, it might be a Contender or Encore (provided I could continue buying accessories - such as barrels and such):D

That list doesn't want for much!

I'd probably go with a Detective Special. Older, a classic, and useful. Holds value well. Just a thought.

I would acquire a collectible for fun and profit. Check into getting a nice minty Luger, or Broomhandle Mauser, or a Webley revolver, an Astra 600, or a Colt or S&W 1917. If you prefer later model commercial guns, get an AMT Longslide Hardballer, or a Dan Wesson Pistol Pac. Want something totally cool and brand new - get an HK Mark 23 .45 Auto.

I've got the Luger and the Longslide and the Colt New Service - next stop for me is a Broomhandle or a Pistol Pac.

No new calibers? so .45ACP, 9mm Luger, .357mag/.38 SPL, and .22LR. & .380acp. Hmmm...

Check into getting a nice minty Luger, or Broomhandle Mauser, or a Webley revolver, an Astra 600, or a Colt or S&W 1917.

Lugers are neat! One of the most iconic handguns ever, generally excellent execution of an archaic design. Working and shooting, sometimes not so much...

Had a Bolo Broomhandle in 9mm Luger. The most painful 9mm I ever shot. If you want a piece of history to drool over, this is it. If you want a pistol to shoot and enjoy, this ISN'T it.

Have shot the Astra, another neat gun. Loudest and heaviest recoiling 9mm I have shot. (weight & size + blowback action). Heavier recoil than the Broohandle, but not as painful in the hand.

S&W 1917? large frame, pre war long action S&W, .45ACP? Unless its worn out or been trashed, tough to beat as a shooter (but a more modern S&W with adj sights does, a little bit IMO). As a historical collectible, nothing quite like it, except for the Colt.

Webley (in .45ACP) Waaay cool gun, WW I combat sights and a DA pull that gives its own meaning to "heavy". ABSOLUTELY A HANDLOADING ONLY GUN!!!!!!!

They take .45acp BRASS in half moon clips. .45Auto Rim BRASS will usually work, but may not. DO NOT SHOOT .45ACP or AR AMMO in these guns!!!
Standard .45ACP ammo (230gr GI Ball) is a PROOF LOAD PRESSURE in a Webley. Not a good thing. Many guns were converted to be able to use .45ACP brass with handloads to .455 Webley pressures, when the supply of .455 Webley ammo ran out. Today, you can get .455 Webley ammo, for those few unconverted Webleys out there.

Here's an idea, a caliber you have (.357) and a very neat and unique gun,
The Coonan. .357 Magnum semi auto, generally 1911 style gun. Mine is a Model A (one of the first few made) and I understand the current production guns are slightly different internally. Called the Coonan Classic, I think. Reports from forum members who have them say they're pretty good.

Back