Utah Tfl Gathering!

I would like to hold a big shoot every other month with the off months dedicated to those that want to spend the weekend training in various things. In most cases they will be cheaper, you dont shoot alot doing land nav and stuff.

We just need to decide when to start the season.

Dates

I have put up a page for the TFL shoots on my web page. Check it out and give me some feedback on what works for you. If you have any other suggestions then let me know as well, on the shoots and the page itself.

http://pvtpyle.com

For all those actually interested in finding the place, you can find it by going to Topozone.com, search for Utah Lake, UT, and then zoom in just behind Pelican Point on the west side of the lake. It's actually called "Little Cove" on the map, and it shows the traditional route off of the highway. We set up just east of the fork in the trail (at least that's where my big tent STARTED OUT at the July 2001 shoot). It doesn't really show any alternate routes up, so I'm very interested in what Pvt. Pyle has found.

As to the dates, well I'll try to get up there, but between Scouts and Hunter Ed. my March-July is pretty full. Great idea scheduling the outings this far in advance, by the way. I'd really like to make some of the "field" days, as I could really use some instruction with the compass.

Doug444

Crud. I just checked. March 30th is the IDPA 3 gun match at the FARM. How about we have the TFL shoot on the 23rd?

Between the two I would go to the TFL shoot (out of loyalty to you guys of course ;) ) But 3 Gun is about as much fun as you can have with your pants on.

Just so I'll know whether I'm looking at the right general area, is this place right off of Hwy 68?

If that's it, it looks like about a 8 or 9 hour drive for me. Maybe I can convince ol' labgrade to tag along!

The thing that stinks is that I'm directly across the map from there, but there isn't anything remotely resembling a direct route to get there!

The 23rd works for me, but you guys will have to plan it out. I wont be back from duty until the 20th of March.

BTW. I bought two big tents like we had last year for these things so we will have them all the time.

Got word today that school does not end until the 26th, so I will have to take someone down and show them the back way up.

Thought I would bring this back up.

We need to set a firm date.

March 30th it the local IDPA 3 gun match.
PvtPyle (and his big tents) will not be back from training until the 26th.

Do we want to still have it in March? Or should we go for beginning of April?

Opinions?

3/30 and 4/6 appear to work for me at this point. Right now my big tent is still available (but we DO need some anchors that will hold a parachute down!). Let's here from others.

Doug444

Well it looks like because of the shutdown, we aren't going to do the 23rd.

Our options then:

March 30th. Kind of soon. Also the same day as the 3 gun match at the FARM. I already made arrangements to go to that.

April 6th. Conference weekend for all of our LDS TFLers.

April 13th.

April 20th.

I'm not aware of anything going on on the 13th and the 20th.

Opinions?

I vote for the 13th or 20th.

Back