Unconscious competence in stress

Status
Not open for further replies.
About seeing your front sights. Jim Cirillo, IIRC, said that he saw his front sights in crystal clarity. He might have been the one that said the serrations on the front blade stood out.

This has a basis on in neurophysiology as focused attention on a target enhances the contrast of the target and specifically enhances the higher spatial frequencies (details for those who aren't vision cognoscenti).

Of course if you don't get the front sight to fall on the fovea - this won't happen.

I might suggest that posts that aren't really attuned with modern performance science and are just wisecracks - aren't useful. That's a hint.

Muscle memory is simply short-hand for a complex process and the practice is not alone within a universe of terms, analogies, mantras, anecdotes and cultural jargon which are not all intended to be taken literally. The term muscle memory is a commonly accepted term and I am confident that 99.9% of people know what people are saying when referring to it. I do not think that anyone has suggested that muscles have independent thought processes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back