Tokarev convert 7.62x25 to 9mm

Glad you got the situation fixed. :) It's odd that the link was different. Can you determine what is different between the 2 links?

Also, what flavor of Tok do you have?

Just curious.

jb

It's a Romanian, like yours. Got it at SOG about 2 years ago. I believe that the difference in the links is that the new link has a slightly longer distance between the pin holes, which must have been giving me issues trying to get the slide aligned properly. I believe you were right in that I was missing the hole in the link when pressing in the slide pin initially. I did manage to get the slide pin into the link properly, but then I couldn't rack the slide. Was locked up tight, which made me think the lugs were still engaging the grooves in the slide. I decided to see if the problem was actually the link, and sure enough, it was. Now, a trip to the range is in order! ;)

I had a Chinese made tokerev that was made in 9mm by the manufacturer. the magazine had an insert in it to prevent you from loading 7.62x25 ammo into it and it had a chintzy safety added to it that was horrible. I ended up selling it but sometimes wish I hadn't.

As a practical firearm, I would have rather had a Hi point. Better ergonomics, mag capacity and support.

Yeah, but the Hi-Point isn't a "C&R" gun. Don't think you'll find much factory support on any guns discussed in this room either.

Only reason I have a Tok is because I had to have a Tok. ;) For practicality, it isn't one of my personal carry guns, but then again a Hi-Point wouldn't be either (but they certainly do have their niche).

The more I shoot my 213, the more I actually prefer the 9mm to 7.62 when it comes to carrying it as a practical carry piece. I mean, 7.62 is literally a blast to shoot, but the flash and bang are a little much without ear protection.

I have been carrying the 213 on my hip the last couple of hikes. Cheap, built like a soviet tank, reliable, accurate, and very slim on the hip or in the vest pocket. FMJ 9mm should be more than enough for any critters I might stumble across (raccoons, dogs, etc) that could be hostile.

Still planning on converting a t-54 though.

Norinco Type 54 converted to 9mm

I bought my Type 54 back when they were only $79 wholesale

this is one of the best gun purchases I ever made, my 9mm conversion is very reliable, I dont plan on switching back to 7.62 but I saved the barrel and a couple boxes of Chinese military copper washed Tok ammo just in case

Im glad I kept mine, I would never sell it, the original 7.62 mags also work fine, but I also have the special 9mm mags with a spacer inside the magazine.

Back